Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stray Kat 500 2013 - cold, rainy but still very cool

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Greenberg, May 8, 2013.

1. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

This year's Stray Kat 500 took place under mostly gray, overcast and sometimes rainy skies and was definitely much chillier than normal. Despite that, over 400 cars showed up anyway and a very good time was had by all. Despite the cold, this was definitely one of the year's cooler events - lots of great cars and tons of really great people that I always look forward to seeing. Thanks to the Stray Kat Kustoms family for putting on such a magnificent event.

So with that, I will get my usual highlights photo thread started. It will go a little slow at first, since I still have a lot to do on my 2013 Lone Start Round Up thread too. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792950&highlight=lone+star)

My PBase gallery that contains all of these and others that may not be HAMB friendly can be viewed at: http://www.pbase.com/dlgphoto/sk500_2013

[​IMG]

2. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

3. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

4. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just noticed that last years show is still rolling up to the top on the HAMB. Very Kool!
    I enjoyed seeing ya again and always look forward to your shots. Happy Trails, Mick

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Nice work already my friend. It's always good to hang out and talk shop.

7. Nice start Dan! You are correct...it was a great weekend. Looking forward to the pics. Sorry for the big pile of bird poop....I'll try to do a better job watching out for that in the future. LOL

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks guys. I often wonder how I will ever get caught up with all these photos. Working on them does bring back the fun memories of the weekend.

[​IMG]

9. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Dan, Wow what a terrific photo of Henry VIII. Al Chinn's 32 sedan. I'm sure Al will be most pleased with the picture. I was very happy to meet you and can't wait until my sedan appears here. You are the Michelangelo of hot rod and customs photography.

10. Wow, Dan, That shot makes my old Chevy look good. What a great weekend and the plus was that I finally got to meet you and Travis (Roy Boy). Thanks for all your hard work and for people that have never seen you in action, you work your ass off at what you do.
    Later,
    Dick

11. I had the pleasure of meeting Dan this year, at the Stray Kat. I have admired his work, for quite some time, and was hoping to meet him and Travis (Roy Boy). Since I didn't know what either of them looked like, when I saw Dan doing his thing, I stopped and asked which famous photographer he was, which seemed to catch him off guard.

It was cool, that the next day, when he saw my dad and me, he called us by first name. That may not be a big deal to some folks, but it definitely said something to me about Dan, and his passion for connecting with the folks that he is involved with.

Thanks again, Dan, for doing what you do.

12. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks so much Robert, Dick and Bret. It was great meeting you all in person and in Robert and Dick's cases. after a very long time of chatting on line and seeing your great comments and so on. Here is a shot of Robert's 32 that is practically a twin to the one of Al Chinn's in the last photo posted. Robert - here at long last is a version of the your car.

[​IMG]

13. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Cool SHots! I hope to see my Shoebox in this thread;)

14. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thank you Drew - I will have one here in the next few days.

[​IMG]

15. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Here you go Drew.

[​IMG]

16. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

That's cool with the rain! Thanks.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

17. gonmad

gonmad

I was wondering how they would look in the rain..... Awesome like all the others Dan!!

18. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Dan-
    I finally met you when Dan Stears, Sharyl, and I were walking around at the show in the rain and you were busy taking shots on your padded knee. I always look forward to seeing your photos and the way you compose and highlight the subjects. You have a real gift and your photos are a pleasure to view. Thanks for the time you spend taking these great photos. Larry

19. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks Drew, Jimmy and Larry. It was great meeting you Drew and Larry and it is always fun talking with you Jimmy.

[​IMG]

20. Great work as always.

21. 5fiver

5fiver

Can't wait for the next picture. Great visiting with you again and hope to see you down the road soon.

22. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks so much, slackcat and Mike (5Fiver) - Mike great seeing you and Carolyn again and also your very cool truck.

[​IMG]

23. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

24. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

25. Dan, your work never fails to amaze me!

26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks Hugh! This is not really even started yet, so stay tuned.

Now for a photo of Dr. Dave's Merc - the car I always seem to catch when there is a good sunset.

[​IMG]

27. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

Great work as always Dan, looking forward to seeing more. You have the eye Brother, thank you,
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

28. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thank you, Dale. I really appreciate that.

[​IMG]

29. 5fiver

5fiver

You shot of Dr Dave's Merc is amazing!

30. Dan you always make my car look great! Like I told you at the show, between you and Travis, it's a whole lot cheaper to meet you guys at shows to take pictures of my car that make it look nicer than it is than to actually pony up and do the bodywork and paint it needs. LOL Excellent shot, thanks!!