Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did I sleep to long...car pricing way up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dauphinee, May 9, 2013.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

The popular models ( you have your own list :) ) will always bring the money. Certain cars have half way worked their way into a bit more money ... but now they are back where they were.

Real 32 Fords
    Real 33/34 Fords
    40 Fords ...

Are on the TOP of my list.
    And as a general rule, prices reflect that.

What we have seen ( IMHO ) is a rodders buys a so-so model ( less desirable generally ) for cheap money and then sinks a ton of work and $$$ into it. They then thinks it should be priced like the " desirable " one. He prices it that way ... but we all know it will sit and not sell at the big price .

In the past 35 years I have owned 32 Fords ( henry Steel cars ) and 1940 Fords.

I have NEVER lost $$$ on any of them.

Good cars bring good money !!

2. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

BJ my ass, have you been watching the prices for projects and parts right here on the HAMB! :eek:

I don't see the folks right here lamenting the high cost of stuff coming down on your prices any. :rolleyes:

3. burnout2614

burnout2614

Around here stock A's are higher, Hot rods are higher and Street rods are cheaper. peace

4. 1nickthegreek

1nickthegreek

I have a 27 dodge bros sedan that I cant give away right now, I admit it is a partial rat job but I would think 1K should be easy to get from it and all I am getting is stupid offers below 500 :confused:

5. plymouth52

plymouth52

What?!!!!:)
    I am Rich?!!!:)
    Honey get the camera

6. There is a guy on the local CL that posts a '77 Monte Carlo for $2,500, at least twice a day. One pic, and the hood isn't even bolted on. He's run that twice a day for over a year. It's a solid $500 car...maybe. Another one is a '63 Pontiac four-door that was blue, but is in primer, sorta, and I believe it is the same seller. $3,500 for a $1,000 car. Listed for over a year, too. He thinks they're gold.

Then there are the guys who think their hot rods are the end-all, be-all in the hot rod world. There are several cars in the local CL than are advertised for over $30K each, and I've seen three up-close. The workmanship is just not there.

And people continue to dream.