Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Vintage Torque Fest 2013 Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassercrazy41, May 4, 2013.

1. Sam_Fear

Sam_Fear

27T - That's my Olds your boy is sitting in! Glad to have met you.

[​IMG]

2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Hahaha thanks!:D

3. carshowgirl

carshowgirl

Awesome pics!

This show this year topped all others, we had nothing but fun the entire time! I would battle snow to come to this show next year, although a nice day would be much better. John, I meant it when I said you outdid yourself, you truly did.

In case anyone missed it you should really consider putting it on your schedule for next year, as well as Iron Invasion this year. John and crew not only knows how to put on a great show the action is just non stop! Plus it's all for a great cause :)

4. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

rev greaser bobs bad ass a coupe , built by him , he's in our club the rod tossers and goes by plowboy13 on here

Attached Files:

5. Jamoke

Jamoke

John I have to ask why did you use the grass mud area when its rained for 2 weeks prior and the weekend of to enter the show when you have an entrance right off the road that was pavement where the cars were parking any way . Im still getting mud out of my teeth . Im in the Roadster

6. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Not sure you saw the backup of traffic on Old Highway 20 - it was there WITHOUT trying to use that entrance as a place to inspect, capture $$, and answer questions. We simply can NOT use that entrance as a place to enter.
    In fact - if we are there next year those gates will be closed so that there is no confusion. The fairboard has to deal with this every year for their county fair. Typically people fly down that road and they often have people crashing into the rear of people that are at a dead stop in the middle of the road. We can not have this happen. We urged the fairboard to bring out a lot more gravel, but they simply thought no one would show up..........
    you all proved them wrong! So just like anything, they have seen what we are all about and they will be a bit more prepared.
    Please give us some slack with this move, and know that we are committed to making the 2014 experience even better.

7. Fanny Freckles

Fanny Freckles

I know there is a steel plate under that car, but damn, it sure looks like it's doing a burn out on grass. Cool pics!

I thought I saw a lot, but I look back through all of these photos and realize just how much I missed. What a great weekend!

Cheers!
    Fanny Freckles

8. Jamoke

Jamoke

Thanks John I had a feeling it was a safty issue . See you at the Iron Invasion!

9. 27T

27T

Your car is awesome, thanks for letting him sit in it!

10. Sam_Fear

Sam_Fear

Jamoke - I think that is a hardcore picture. I felt bad for you when you pulled up! I finally got out to see if you wanted to come sit in my car until the gates opened, but you took off. I apologize I wasn't faster - my brain gears turn slow sometimes. (I don't have heat, but it was kinda dry at least - sorry)

Here's a few more shots I took as you came in.

Attached Files:

11. Jamoke

Jamoke

Thanks so much for the offer but waiting for the gate to open I had to bolt I broke my brain won over my will LOL

12. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

That little model a was pulling in as we were leaving. I wish I could have gotten some pics of it

13. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Thanks for the pic's Officer Bimbeau! I left my camera at home!

14. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Wow I guess there were some cars I missed. Thanks for the pics. Great weekend.

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Great to you Scott. and Dad, too!

16. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

[​IMG] Man i love this car!:D

17. superprojoe im glad you liked it. i will trade it for both of your avatar items.

18. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

heres a couple I had taken with my cell phone so the quality isn't as good

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

i'll go ahead and post some more for those who have been liking the photos, i'll try not to duplicate any that have already been posted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

21. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

22. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

23. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

24. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

25. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

26. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

This is great. I love Ramblers.

[​IMG]

27. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

One of my favorite pics. Taken as we were deciding whether we were crazy enough to actually be institutionalized. NEVER have I met a snowplow in the Chevy. Thanks for riding shotgun, and keeping the passenger side winshield de-fogged. Sorry to run out of gas and put our lives in danger on the side of I-80. Thanks for Bruce and his wife in the red Studebaker wagon with the roll back roof, for stopping to see if they could help. Everyone that I know that owns a Study is COOL.

Bill

28. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

I love THIS Rambler!

29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Bruce & Darlene are good people - thanks so much for making the trek over and battling the crazy weather.
    Our first year we had 4 inches of rain and a tornado, the fourth year we had an tire day of rain that accumulated to around 3 inches.....
    none of this seems to stop the hardcore gearheads.
    I am amazed everytime.
    And thanks to Officer Bimbeau - I just saw two cars in there that I did not see at the show!!!!

30. loose1

loose1

No wipers, no heat, and snow in may. Welcome to Minnesota.
    I have "worse" pictures than this but I was too busy trying to see where I was going.
    Matt
    [​IMG]