Register now to get rid of these ads!

Clutch. What are you running

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vega1, May 8, 2013.

1. vega1

vega1

Getting ready to put a 4 speed in the ole 65 nova. Has a pretty rowdy 383 in her 411 gear have all other part rounded up except clutch kit what are you guys running will see . Will see dragstrip. Whenever possible with plenty of power shifts

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. Hogride

Hogride

Light Pressure as in stock with a metallic paddle disk. If ya wont get fancy you can cut hole 2 inch hole saw in bottem of bell houseing get 2 long .035 feelers insert between disk and plate then go in side car make a stop bolt for pedal. or get real fancy use a a/c coil and flat plate on back of clutch pedal make a release off a button or all of the above :rolleyes: Sticks are Fun start looking for top loader ford base trans like a liberty or jerrico or M22 at least if running slicks. HAVE A BLAST :eek:

3. I used a Centerforce in my 409. 12" PP out of a suburban. M22.

Attached Files:

4. 11" three finger McLeod Borg & Beck pressure plate, clutch plate has kevlar on the pressure plate side and organic on the flywheel side, and an 11# steel faced Weber aluminum flywheel... All behind a 354 Chrysler hemi

5. Moedog07

Moedog07

I used a McLeod Clutch & Pressure Plate in my "Not so HAMB Friendly" '55 Chevy with a 383 SBC.

6. Another 12'' Centerforce here. Dual friction and also bought their flywheel. No matter what brand you buy,the most important thing to do is break it in properly! They'll burn up in a hurry if ya don't.

7. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Center Force behind my 455 Olds.

8. vega1

vega1

Thanks fellas for your input