Register now to get rid of these ads!

A rod, or not a rod... that is the question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rokkett77, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just picked up the recent issue of rod and custom and it appears that they are starting on a T-Bucket project. They state in the article that they are gonna build a "hot rod". The hot rod in question is a one of those tribute T from Speedway motors. These are nice looking T-Buckets, but it got me thinking; do real hot rods come in a box? Is fiberglass acceptable or does it have to be real steel?

What do you guys think?

2. Nothing wrong with fibreglass. Pretty much the only option if you want a Willys or one of the rarer body styles.

Fibreglass T buckets have been around for nearly 60 years (the first was built by Buzz Pitzen in 1957 it is said) - how traditional do you want?

3. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

A kit T is ok. There are some who really want the experience of building and driving a rod. This fits the bill for guys with limited bucks, time and or talent. If a kit T turns your screws then by all means go for it. Smile big and wipe the bugs out of your teeth from time to time.
    Likely if a guy or gal does one simple rod, they will likely do it again and go a bit further. Good learning curves. I encourage testing the waters.
    Listen to the engine and the tires make great noises.
    Your results may vary.

4. Not this shit again....... seriously. :(

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if a T bucket is not a HOT ROD then exactly what the heck is it?

6. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

A T-Bucket is as basic a hot rod as you can get, steel or glass. I have had my glass T on the street for 33 years and have never gotten much grief over its material. My old saying is: "If you have to raise the hood, you don't have a hot rod and fenders are for guitar players".

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's been a few months. Let's see how long THIS one goes.:D

Or.......... "What's a hotrod?" That's a good one too.

8. BAREOOT

BAREOOT
    from CALIFORNIA

Just my opnion, no way i would own a 1-800 car

9. erlomd

erlomd

well put...

10. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Jeez, you guys need to relax. If the thread doesn't interest you, go read another. If one person has a question and others are willing to answer it or provide their opinion why shouldn't they??

Should the OP have done a search, yes. Has THIS question been asked, I don't know. I did a search to check and found some similar questions but no complete match. Either way, really, who is it hurting...?

11. Is this a Hot Rod?:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, wood is traditional. He probably built it himself in his own image. (according to quite a few, that's enough) It's got big and littles. Steering wheel looks old. And a tube frame. Yep..... hotrod.:D:rolleyes:

13. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Who's making the popcorn? I'm fresh out......

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Who really cares?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.