Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yet Another Model A Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '54Caddy, Apr 19, 2013.

1. awesome build...... looking great!

2. Smokeshow

Smokeshow

Looking good! Can't wait to see where this goes!

3. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Great looking car!

4. vacuum gage is better. they are cheap and very handy for diagnosing problems like; valve issues, timing, restricted exhaust etc...

5. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Thanks Ted! I'll be sure to pick one up this week!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Lookin good Josh. My radiator is due here next Tuesday. Hopefully I can free up some time to work an my coupe.

7. does it have a fuel pump on it
    sounds like you are running out of fuel
    tk

8. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Thanks Rob, how long did it take with Brassworks? I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and they said it would take about a month. Im expecting to hear from them soon.

I thought about this too, I picked up a fuel pump the other day and am going to try that first. The carb is a few inches below the bottom of the tank, and I've heard of guys running fine with no pump, but Im going to throw it on just to be sure.

9. nailhead55

nailhead55

it sucks that im a kingpin and I didn't know about this I was looking at this and saying man a flathead will look killer in this! will the flathead be in it at the opener?

10. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Hoping to have the flathead in it and on the road by this time next year. Im going to start the flathead chassis in the next week or two.

Heres a couple more pics from Sunday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Great job! I really dig it.

12. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

UPDATE

Well after many long nights of trying to find my backfiring/loss of power issue on the banger, a few weeks ago I finally ran it down! I was one backfire away from swapping my flathead V8 in, but I really wanted to run it as a banger for this year and have a little fun with it.

The problem ended up being the distributer. It has an aftermarket cheesy Mallory with mechanical advance. Well the advance was hanging up and not returning fully. I took it off, gave it a full rebuild and the car runs mint! I am so relieved this issue is finally solved!

I took it for its first real good run yesterday down to the All Timers show in Haverhill MA. Picked up the old man on the way. Turned out the be a great day, car ran amazing and show was good.

Now I can start building my AV8 chassis and working on the old mans car again. Stay tuned for updates!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  13. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

damn that thing looks soooo bad ass!!!

14. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Thanks man! I say the same thing about your car every time I see it!

15. Saaaaawweeeettttt!!!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!