Register now to get rid of these ads!

We call her "Eagle Eyes" old tin found.. :)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cabovercholly, May 7, 2013.

1. cabovercholly

cabovercholly

Thought Id share some pics of an old truck cab we found along side an old running river in northern New Hampshire this weekend. I've driven past this spot many times since we moved to NH over 12 years ago. My wife has EAGLE EYES! Not only is she a great shot on the gun range but she sees stuff like this long before my eyes see it. :) :) :) I have no idea what this old cab is from. I'm pretty sure it's not a Ford and I can generally recognize my older fords. Theres not much left of this old truck. But it does have a really nice place to rest next to a perfectly clear running river nestled in the white birch trees. I just thought some of you HAMB'ers might enjoy seeing it.

Attached Files:

2. texkbc

texkbc

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

chevy, about 1935

4. F&J

F&J

Just a guess..a 37/38 Chevy/GMC?

5. cabovercholly

cabovercholly

Dig it! I couldn't find any identifying tags / emblems on the cab. Sad to see it end up in this shape but did make me smile to know that my wife was on her A game - finding some old tin! :) I still enjoy finding old stuff like this. There are lots of old cars and trucks up where we live - I'll try to post some of the cooler stuff as we find it - this one was really rough but there are still some gems out there.

6. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Maybe dig it up for yard art? I'm surprised that one little double gauge on the dash is intact - try and save that if you can... Oh, and it should be a 1936.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  7. cabovercholly

cabovercholly

Hey! I'll see if I can get it! I thought that myself!!! Its like the only good part left on the truck! hahaha! :) :) :)

8. jesse1980

jesse1980

That's awesome, I'd be making plans to drag that home!

9. cabovercholly

cabovercholly

Hahaha! good deal Jeese - Im going to try to find out who "left" it there - and see if I can at least grab the gauge from it. :) :) :) I don't have my trailer at my home in NH- it's at a buddys house in WV - Im hoping to use it soon to pick up an old gmc coe cab.. if I'm able to find a nice one in my area. If not, I'll be having one shipped to it's new "foster" home. :) :)

10. kscarguy

kscarguy

I thought you wanted a Cab over Engine...That is a dirt under body...HA!

11. cabovercholly

cabovercholly

LOL! Kscarguy!! Yup.. first thing the wife said to me was - Is that a cab over truck back there in those trees??? Yaaaa... I married the right woomie.. haha! :) I saw a post someone put up yesterday - it was a picture of an old ford half buried in desert sand - big difference in how nice that body held up as compared to this one! I'd be happy with a cab over "desert sand" body.. hahaha! :)

12. kscarguy

kscarguy

I know what you mean about dirt vs. sand. The woods behind me a littered with slightly rusted deuce coupes.

13. cabovercholly

cabovercholly

Nice to have that kind of scenery out back! :) :) :) My best freind from Highschool had a whole yard full of great old cars. Lots of old model A's, old ford trucks, lots of flat heads... His dad collected all kinds of great old cars back then. Man, those were the days.. :)

14. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Looks like a '36 Chevy to me.