Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Another Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shermanator, May 5, 2013.

1. A few months ago, my wife decided, she wanted another Nash Metropolitan.
    She found a 1961 convertible on the local Craigslist.
    I looked at the pics, & noticed that I helped in the rebuilding of this car 4 yrs ago.
    I lost track of the car, when the gentelman who we were building the car for pass away, Completion was never finished, & the car was removed from the shop.
    He was having the Met built for his wife. His total investment in the car before his passing, was right at 14,000 dollars.
    This little car had alot of work already done.
    Floor pans, rocker panels were repalced. Added, were, 1992 2.3 Mustang engine & trans (4 speed auto W/overdrive), 8 inch rear end, rack & pinion, & disc brakes, new interior, & top.

All that needs to be done to be a driver, is complete the wiring, mount the electric fuel pump, run new fuel lines, hook up the steering.

We bought the car for 4,500 dollars. I will be working on getting it running this Fall.

Attached Files:

2. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

nice score have fun with it , cool thing is you knew some of the history of it to ,

3. As you may of seen, she also has a 58 Met I finished for her. She said, after the convertible is done, I can have the 58.....Well, the 2.0 I just put into it is going away and being replaced with a 3.8 V-6.

Attached Files:

4. jesse1980

jesse1980

Cool little car. I like those and the amphicars, the ones that float in water. I had a chance to buy a little metro like that and I dragged my feet and lost out on it. I wanted to give it to my daughter.

5. Alot of people think its a Amphicar....This will sink

6. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

those metros are cool and yours looks like a great car...

7. Thanks. With the 2.0, c4, & 343 rear end, it flys down the highway. The rack & pinion along with power disc brakes, helps the steering & braking.