Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Spotlight on a builder: Logan Davis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bobby Green, May 5, 2013.

1. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

In this modern world that we live in, with our social networking and unlimited streaming internet content, it's easy to forget that there are still talented folks out there that are not connected into this streaming wave of info that surrounds us.
    Perhaps it's because they don't own a computer (yes, it's possible) or perhaps they just aren't savvy enough to learn how it all works, or most likely, as in the case of my friend Logan Davis, they are just too damn busy building cars and taking care of family to stop and promote themselves online.
    There are probably hundreds of very talented crafters, makers and builders out there toiling away day and night in a shop or garage right now that none of us like-minded types have ever even heard of. And I think that's a shame. So I'm starting with my buddy Logan and I'm taking a free moment to do it for him, because everyone should know about him and his great work as much as the most popular builders out there.

Logan Davis has been building hot rods for decades, you've most likely seen many of his cars before but didn't know their history, he has had his own fab shop for many years, and his clients contain a who's who list car guys, one of which is me. Logan is an ace at everything from Bonneville cars to period Hot Rods, chassis and driveline restoration and fabrication, I use him to build my motors, transmissions, rearends, front end and frame work as well as recently ground up build work.
    Logan has been a good friend and race partner for the last couple years running the Old Crow, his roadster, and this year maybe 2 more new racecars. For the last couple years he has had a new shop in Santa Clarita and has been busy working on amazing cars, but hardly anyone knows about it, so I wanted to introduce you all to his shop and the cars he's built and is building. So if anyone is looking for some top notch work on their car or looking to build a new car, then I want to give my full endorsement of Logan Davis at Vintage Performance Automotive. 661-309-7212

Here is just a small sample of the cars he has built, including a streamliner that has been thrown together in his spare time the last 6 months. (Hence no time for Hamb posts)
    If I was to post a picture of every car logan has had a hand at fixing, repairing, getting on the road etc. it would take up 2 pages, so I'm only posting a few of his complete ground up builds.

If you have a Logan Davis connection, please share your stories and pics.

Attached Files:

2. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Not to mention the roadster that won the Hamb peoples choice awards:

Attached Files:

3. flamingokid

flamingokid

Some of the best guys out there nobody has ever heard of.Or most everybody.

4. Love that roadster! We had a chance to see it when we were out for LARS that year.

5. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

It's a nice one, I got to drive it a few times.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Logan did a complete chassis and driveline rebuild on my new 34 Panel!
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1367864131.678654.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

Logan is the man, he's currently doing some work on my Roadster. Great craftsman, and maybe the 5th best lookin guy in Santa Clarita.

8. Logan--all around good guy and great builder.

9. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Thanks Porter, It always amazes me how many people have never heard of him.
    Anyone else know Logan?

10. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

Logan is one of the most talented, under the radar builders out there. He's a hell of a nice guy too, and is always willing to stop, talk, and help out if you need a hand or have a question. I remember the first time I met him he took his coupe out to Bonneville '05 on my first trip to the salt, I was a curious 17 year old taking a bunch of pictures and buggin him with questions. He let me sit in it, and showed me a bunch of trick shit that they were doing, and went out and got the record('s?) in his class. Since then I've always considered him a buddy and always talk whenever I head down to southern ca.
    At Bakersfield we were hanging out talking about the new shop and builds. It really showed where his heart is when he said he's really stoked because he's able to provide for his family and build some cool old cars. He isn't trying to become a wealthy guy, he just wanted to be happy, and he is. I look forward to seeing the new builds coming out of his shop, because like everything he does it will be top notch, traditional, and haul ass!!

11. Logan gets shit done! That's admirable. Good idea starting this thread Bobby!

[​IMG]

12. Met Logan at Bonneville this year, and as has been said, he gets shit done and LOTS of it. Loved all the cars in the VP Autmotive/Old Crow/H&H tent. Had a great chat about his streamliner (soon to be feature in an Aussie hot rod magazine). Here's a pretty photo. :)

Oh.. and great meeting you too, Bobby.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016