Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you do ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, May 7, 2013.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

Bored with my ride. What do you do when you get bored with yours? It has a new motor, runs and drives fine and looks good but just kinda bored with it. Maybe I need something new to get me excited again.

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

If it's your '56 wagon that you're bored with, sell it to me and find something else! My Nomad could use a stable mate!

3. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I do a few different thing but not much will help. Try removing hub caps or trip rings or adding them. Maybe even new wheels. Or you need a new project. If you like working on stuff thats just how you are and you should embrace it. It is a little silly to just keep throwing money on a nice car so you have something to do. It will end up a ugly looking street rod.

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

Actually have considered selling it. Would really like a Caddy....

5. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

NO SHIT! You're into Wagons.

You gots to get yourself something you could kill yourself in. You Wont be Bored Then.

6. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

otra vez

7. atomickustom

atomickustom

Buy another project, but KEEP THE CAR YOU HAVE NOW. That way you have one to take to shows and such, and one you can have in pieces all over your garage or shop for years without stressing out. Works for me!

8. slammed

slammed

Lower it 2 inches. In the front. Paint it shiny.

9. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

sell it and move on ...

10. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

I tend to sell mine when they're done or nearly so. Half the fun of hot rodding is the hunt for something new and the build when you find it. But, maybe that's why I don't have anything driving right now and only projects. I'm sick.

11. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Id kill to have the time to finish my car …. please tell what its like to have this problem.

I have a spare room … would you come here and work on my car?

12. tred

tred

screw that!

KEEP it and get a second car.

you'll most likely regret selling it...

13. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I had a '57 Coupe deVille from '84-'92. Do I regret selling it? YES! Keep your '56 and look for a new project!

14. bgaro

bgaro

this is sound advice.

15. Take a major road trip...chances something will F up while your on the road...nothing like an oh shit moment on a road trip to add some excitement to your life

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

17. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

I have not read all of the above responses, but my philosophy suits this situation.
    There are builders and there are drivers. At times, the two are found in one person, but this is not the norm. When I was younger (many years ago...dammit) I enjoyed both, the build and the drive. Now as I age....uh, mature, I find that I get greater pleasure building. Build, drive for a while (with Fort Sale signs) and sell it. Then build another...and another, until I am incapable of doing so. Best wishes to you in your search for the Holy Grail of hot rodding. It's out there somewhere.

18. lizzie

lizzie

Hmm...I've never had that problem.
    Drive the hell out of it and pick up another car.

19. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you answered your own question... you need something new. Just don't sell the old thing.

And ask yourself, "Why did you build it?" Many people build cars to use and cruise (or race). If you did that, then do that. If you just built it because you like building, then you'll never be happy unless you have another project.

20. This is what I would recommend also... I have a 55 Chevy that I've lost interest in over the years, it's dated and a style I've grown out of, but I've kept it so I have a car I can take my sons to shows in. Currently building a 47 Caddy, it will keep me busy and my interest up for the next few years.

21. Is it the hearse?,,,sell it! HRP

22. jesse1980

jesse1980

Buy another car, that's what I do

23. LAROKE

LAROKE

I can't remember the last time I was bored. I think it's a young man's malady.

I do get exhaustipated sometimes (too tired to give a shit).