Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the best reaction you have gotten from people?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EnragedHawk, Jul 8, 2011.

1. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

when are you gonna finish it....its already finished...lol

2. nxcess

nxcess
    from Mesa, AZ

Years ago we had our 34 Tudor out and went to a small town for lunch. we were watching the cars go by on the highway and saw a car go by, turn around and come back to look at our car and take photos of themselves in front of it.

3. nxcess

nxcess
    from Mesa, AZ

Several years ago two of my friends went from AZ to Kansas to pick up a 32 roadster from a farmer. They stopped along side of the road to make sure it was tied down properly and another old farmer came by and said "boys, I know a ditch where you can dump that junk"

4. Fun guy!

5. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Is it a pound of sand or maybe go pound sand. Either way you get the point. All the time you have been here you still dont get some things. Some do some dont.

6. perfect answer !!!!!:d

7. manyolcars

manyolcars

Its kinda hard to keep a tech question going after they told ya the answer twice

8. manyolcars

manyolcars

Sometimes when they ask "What year is it?" I have to look over to see which one I am driving. manyolcars

9. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I took a friend to Tulsa Int. Airport in my 32 sedan. There was an elderly (80's) couple from Sweden getting ready to go back home. The gentleman spoke very good English his wife didn't speak a word. He told her what pictures to take and also she was making notes as they went around the sedan. Finally she said in very broken English (Fantaboulih) I guess that meant fabulous. Hey I'll take all the kind words I can get.

10. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Back in the 80's when I was daily driving my Impala, I stopped for gas a truck stop in Big Cabin, OK. A van carrying a traveling mariachi band pulled up at the next pump and there were a lot of smiles and thumbs up from the guys. There may have been a bit of a language barrier, what with me being monolingual and all, but they spoke the car guy language. They were a pretty cool bunch.

Attached Files:

• 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      324.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

You must mean the tech questions that can be answered in a 2 second search on Google. Now THOSE are a waste of bandwidth. And you weren't even here for the "old HAMB".

There's a pre-school not far from me and when I go by, all the kids like to shout and point. last week, I shot by during recess and was greeted by the usual yells, but over that I heard something unusual for 2013 pre-schoolers. I heard a kid yell, "That's Herman Munster!". Cracked me up.

12. castirondude

castirondude

I've had people look at my daily driver and ask "does it run?"

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

13. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

At a red light, a three year old girl smiled at me and said, "I wike yoah cah!".

14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Drive around in a 47' Crosley sedan with a big shepard like dog with his head out the window...The phones come out and click away, probably some vids too..The dog is handsome, the car is sorta weird [but lovable!] and me is somewheres inbetween..

15. jesse1980

jesse1980

The guy that started this thread is from Waco Texas, does anyone know if he's ok, that's where the fertilizer plant exploded.

16. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

In my OT car, but still funny: When leaving the school parking lot on a sunny Friday afternoon with the top down, it's really hard to resist temptation when your students are yelling, "BURN OUT! BURN OUT!"

Temptation won.

17. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Thanks for asking. I'm fine and no one I know personally was injured. Many of my friends knew people involved in the accident. I know some people around Waco felt the blast; I didn't though.

Edit* Also, the plant was in West, just north of Waco.

18. lucky-13

lucky-13
    from Sacramento

worst response
    took my truck mid build to a show an older gentle man came up and said i had one of these when i worked as a delivery man we got to talking and for some reason he says " whats this and sticks his finger into a slot that was cut during the chop gets his finger cut bad enough to need stitches and yells at me saying it my fault...
    best response
    was actually to my air filters i had a guy that talked to me for over an hour having me explain how i made them haha

19. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

best response was in my 80's off topic car, with pop up headlights, turned on the lights and a little girl said, "Mommy mommy! that car just opened it's eyes!!" I had to open and close the lights a few times for her

20. 1pickup

1pickup

It was an OT car (radical looking '70 Javelin): Drove to Street Mach. Nats. About 8 hours. Somewhere in the middle of Illinois, in the middle of the night while refueling (dual carbed SBC was thirsty), A police cruiser came by slow & he didn't take his eyes off me/the car all the way by. Trying to be cool, I just looked away, until I heard the tires squeal. He damn near hit a parked vehicle! He came back to look at the car and asked "Did you see me almost hit that car?" He just wanted to see what I was driving. Would have been better if he did crash.

21. GREAT THREAD, WILL PASS ON A COUPLE OF MINE. HAD MY 33 CHEVROLET IN ESTES PARK, COLO. AND WHEN WE DROVE INTO THE MOTEL PARKING LOT THE KID CLEANING THE POOL WAS WATCHING US AND STEPPED OFF THE DEEP END OF THE POOL. CAME UP EMBARRASSED AND LAUGHING.

IN THE EARLY 80'S I WAS TAKING MY 11 YEAR OLD SON AND HIS FRIEND A RIDE IN MY T BUCKET AND GAVE IN TO THEIR URGING ME TO "GET ON IT". WENT BY THE LOCAL POLICE STATION UNDER FULL THROTTLE AND CAUGHT SIGHT OF THE ENTIRE POLICE FORCE OF OUR SMALL TOWN STANDING IN THE PARKING LOT AS WE BLEW BY. DROVE HOME AND PARKED THE "T" IN THE GARAGE THINKING I GOT AWAY WITH IT. A COUPLE EVENINGS LATER WHILE MOWING THE YARD ONE OF THE COPS WHO WITNESSED THE EXAMPLE OF POOR JUDGEMENT STOPPED BY AND SAID HE SHOULD GIVE ME A TICKET FOR EXCESSIVE F*%#ING AROUND! I ACTED CONFUSED (EASY FOR ME) AND FINALLY TOLD HIM THAT WAS MY WIFE OUT GIVING THE BOYS A RIDE. HE BOUGHT THE STORY SAYING HE TOLD THE REST OF THE FORCE HE KNEW I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN THAT STUPID TO DO THAT IN FRONT OF THE POLICE STATION.:confused:

22. kismyss

kismyss

When I first got my 37 running I had straight pipes on it and hadn't put the baffles in yet. Was driving by houses and a guy caring a McDonalds bag in one hand and a cup in the other looks at me and smiles. When I got beside him I bliped the throttle and he grabbed his ears so fast he dumped the pop on his head and droped his bag. Laughed so hard I cried. I put baffles in after that.

23. acmechris

acmechris

I pulled into my faviorte mom & pop burger bar "Stars" and as I turned into the parking lot I got a thumbs up from a kid ,eight or so with his dad filiming me. As I was standing in line I over heard his pop telling him "go ahead, ask him" for my autograph. ME? I said sure how about a spin? Chopped, dropped, flamed and straight pipes. That was 15 or more years ago. I bet he now [​IMG]drives a hot rod.

24. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

I had a bright yellow 54 Chevy sedan delivery custom. It was chopped 7", lowered, & had 59 Plymouth taillights mounted vertically. I was stopped at a red light when 10-12 Hells Angels in full colors and on their custom bikes/choppers rode by. Each gave me a thumbs up.

25. sbhatcher

sbhatcher
    from Allen, TX

Best response I've heard so far was second hand:

I was on a work trip when my dad's '54 Bel Air was delivered via trailer from Nevada to my house in Texas. My wife told me that when my 5 year old son saw it being unloaded he started running around in circles saying that this was the coolest car ever , then he turned to his 3 year old sister and said "Gwendolyn, don't you DARE dent this car!"

26. wrench9

wrench9
    from Canada

We were sitting behind my 36 chev coupe at a show a guy and 2 kids came along the kids were admiring the car the dad was trying to keep them from getting to close I said to him don't worry about it its only a car let them inside. The kids got inside I told them to blow the horn they did they had a great time then dad thanked me I said don't thank me its not my car I told him the guy just left and he will never know the difference if you could have seen the look on his face and how fast he was trying to get the kids out of the car. I just went and sat back down the guy was looking all around paranoid all the time he walked away. We all still laugh about this today when someone brings it back up the look on his face was priceless.

27. castirondude

castirondude

You should thank him though for teaching his kids not to touch other people's property unless getting the ok first.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

28. GTOMUSTANG

GTOMUSTANG
    from ct

My OT 86 Gt rustang had so many ricers trying to burn me at the light, I pinstriped on the spoiler, "i get my gas from eating rice".

One day on the four lane divided highway, I see lights flashing in my mirror, but white, not red and blue like normal. Looked over my shoulder, some kid's hanging out the back window of a 4 door, using his phone to take a pic of my spoiler.

Had a pretty girl at the gate of a car show run after me, to snap a cellphone-photo of the trunklid. That was the second best :)

funny what a good message on your trunklid can get for responses from those in the know...

29. wrench9

wrench9
    from Canada

When the kids come by I always let them inside I am proud of my car but I use it too a little dirt from kids shoes is nothing an aldult who comes along and sits on the fender is another story.

30. wex65

wex65
    from WV

There have been a few but the ones that spring to mind:

When I was living back in Ireland I owned a few US cars including a 45 Willys Jeep, 59 Cadillac, 57 BelAir and a 72 Checker Marathon decked out in full yellow checker cab colors. I used to hire them out for special events etc and it paid for me to keep them all for my own use! I lost count of the number of times American tourists would try to hail me as I drive through Dublin in the Checker. They would do a double take as they realized 'Hang on, a checker cab in Ireland?!'.

Or, the time I drove past the US embassy in Dublin in the '45 US Army Jeep and an old couple stopped and the guy saluted me as I drove past. Quite touching really.

Finally, on a slightly unrelated note...I had a '59 Coupe DeVille which I got asked to bring to a photo shoot. The model was Rosanna Davison who the following week got crowned Miss World. So, I can honestly say I had Miss World in the back seat of my car. The fact that I was 20 feet away at the time is irrelevant and the bit I usually forget to say! :D

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      173 KB
      Views:
    • RITA 2.jpg
      RITA 2.jpg
      File size:
      340.6 KB
      Views: