Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swi66

swi66

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Modified by Frank Lloyd Wright
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. swi66

swi66

3. swi66

swi66

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Buddy Ebsen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Donna Reed

4. This was actually a very awkward moment.

John was seeing the young intern, and Judith Exner, and Mary Pinchot Meyer. He was no longer going west to see Marylin at all. By this time, JFK had dropped her ice cold and didn't let on to his west coast running buddies.

The first Lady snubbed the event because Marylin showed up.

This was taken after Marylin had finally gotten the 'birthday song' over with, first time she had sang live in 7 years. She had terrible stagefright.

And Bobby had just knocked off a little before she even took the stage!They were about to begin their own scandal for the summer of '62.

Throw in a little booze, and a sedative or two,and a photographer unwelcomed- there you have it.

5. swi66

swi66

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The parking lot of the Beverly Hills Speedway

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. swi66

swi66

7. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

8. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

9. noboD

noboD

Hey John, I thought you were only good at IDing car bumpers?

10. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

It's nice to see a HOT ROD in this thread. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Tony La Masa/Ricky Nelson roadster

11. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

[​IMG]

Today, we have the second installment in our series about cyclecars. In the United States, these diminutive devices enjoyed a brief period of popularity from about 1912 to 1915, a time in which Ford had not quite yet cemented the reputation of their Model “T” as “The Universal Car.” Dozens of car builders set up shop all across the country and began cranking out vehicles that they hoped would appeal to both economy minded and sporting buyers.

Included in the series will be an excellent article from the January 15, 1914 issue of The Automobile magazine. The first three pages are below and we will include more soon. Stop by The Old Motor to see much more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. PHPaul

PHPaul

Uh, me for one. Never saw the attraction.

13. 63 Safari

63 Safari
    from Central VA

You can still take this vintage drive Cleveland to Staunton today using Rt 250. It is a great trip for fans of the vintage with as little as possible having changed over the years. I did it about 15 Yrs ago and dubbed it the west-by-god LeMans. Have your suspension tuned for this one.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank god there is another in this world that just cant understand the attraction to that scrubber!!

Munroe was a dirty tramp (And not the good kind!).

Doc.

15. twin6

twin6
    from Vermont

Attached Files:

16. Well, I can certainly tell that those bumpers on Marilyn are the correct ones.

17. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

[​IMG]

I am pretty sure that Loewy's car was a '41 Continental not a "'42 Zephyr Chassis" as stated. The '42 Continental and Zephyr had the styling change that continued in the '46-8 models. They had that style with horizonal grilles that were better looking in my opinion than the '46-8 version.

18. Would someone please explain what the "multi-quote" option is and also how to make the picture of the item you are quoting about appear in the quote ?

19. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Multi-quote enables just that; quoting multiple posts in a single response. Click it for every post you wish to respond to, then on the last post, just click quote.

*POOF*

Like magic, each quote is then separate in one response with room to type in between. (If you're a post whore, this space-saving option is blasphemous.) If you want a picture to come up, be sure to quote the source and not a response.

Also really good forum courtesy to delete every picture not being commented on in a quote. How often do we see 10 friggin' pictures reattached for a lousy comment on only one that often misses the mark anyway..? Pure stupidity.

20. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

For pictures; right click on the photo on the string of photos that you want to show up in your post. Choose "copy picture location". Then hit the "quote" "multi-quote" or "quick reply. Choose the icon to insert a picture and paste the copied picture location to the box just like you were posting any other photo and there it will be. Then type your reply with whatever you want to say and make your post.

21. empire

empire

You mean like this!!

I learned something to...Thanks.

22. Some of these super interesting photos without any description are driving me nuts!!!!

23. empire

empire

24. fremont rugrat

fremont rugrat

Oh God, not him too, I thought it was "Bedtime for Bonzo", not "Bedtime for Bumpers"

25. empire

empire

[​IMG]

Heat wave in New York. Licking blocks of ice on a hot day, 1911.

what could go wrong?

26. empire

empire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft’s first encounter in the hotel room, Bancroft did not know that Hoffman was going to grab her breast. Hoffman decided offscreen to do it, because it reminded him of schoolboys trying to nonchalantly grab girls’ breasts in the hall by pretending to put their jackets on. When Hoffman did it onscreen, director Mike Nichols began laughing loudly offscreen. Hoffman began to laugh as well, so rather than stop the scene, he turned away from the camera and walked to the wall. Hoffman banged his head on the wall, trying to stop laughing, and Nichols thought it was so funny, he left it in.

27. empire

empire

[​IMG]

Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert

28. empire

empire

29. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Jayne Mansfield, and it looks like her lawyer/boyfriend Sam Brody, and eerily, a Buick Electra four-door hardtop in the BG. It's a '67 (rather than the '66 they were killed in) so this must be one of the last photos of both of them.

In pictures I've seen of her after the wreck, she's wearing those black boots.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  30. dad-bud

dad-bud

Yesterday, the wife and I visited Gold and Juno Beaches on our way home from Western France for the weekend - OK, sure, we were one month early of the Big Day anniversary, but it was humbling to tread the same sands as all those brave soldiers who were among the first on D-Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.