Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1949-51 Mercury front suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brentom123, May 6, 2013.

1. Brentom123

Brentom123
    from Florida

Anyone have experience with the lowering of 1951 Mercury front suspension.

I have installed 2" lowered coils from Jameco onto the original A-Arms, now I want to install dropped uprights from Fat Man, However I am told I will experience bump steer because I am altering the geomentry.

any suggestions greatly appreciated. I was hoping the 2" coils would suffice, but obviously not, I want lower.

Thanls,

Tom

2. zkilla396

zkilla396
    from Peoria, IL

I know on mine I had to have Fatman bend the steering arms so that the connection to the tie rod stayed in the same location.

I'm sure you can overcome this with yours - call Fatman and ask! (or wait for a Merc expert to chime in).

OBTW - introduce before posting! (see sticky).

3. I have lowered many and if done correctly you will not have any notisable change in bump steer issues. When you install the Fat Man dropped uprights also install a set of there dropped steering arms or rebend your stock steering arms down to help correct the geomentry.

You could also check out our ball jointed Arm kit especially if you are wanting to add disc brakes as our ball jointed A-arm, dropped spindle and disk brake kit is about the same money for a much better ride.

Erickson / Extreme Kustoms
    951 678-3520

Attached Files: