Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Do we need another 55 Caddy build thread ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoboy56, Apr 10, 2012.

1. What is the horizitontal apparatus in the trunk?

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Corvette suspension...to go along with the Corvette suspension in the front, right, Hoboy...???

Glad to see you at least moved it...hope you're going to do some work on it now...

R-

3. geez, now i want a trunk monkey for my caddy!!!

4. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)I had no monkey but a Squirrel.:cool::eek::D

5. I actually had a dead mole in '55 chevy i got once..
    it was in the trunk too!

6. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

No such thing as "too many" 55 Caddy builds. :cool: Looks great! Keep the pics coming.

7. Thanks, in a month my oldest stepdaughter will be coming down with her kids for the summer so I will have a babysitter and my wife will have some family to spend time with so I can get down to my buds place and get back to jamming on my Caddy. If I can get 5 or 6 GOOD days of working alone I should be able to accomplish a great deal. More pics coming next week

8. As promised here is a pic of my Hot Rod magazine car in its current state of donating parts for the Dead Trunk Monkey. And a pic of the new toy recently. I will be making lots of progress this summer, come hell or high water. I NEED to drive this new beast soon

Attached Files:

9. I'm gonna hitch a ride on this build!!

Bill

10. Here is the humble beginnings of my new build. I unbolted all savable parts and cut off all the ugly , mangled metal to expose the starting point of my new project

Attached Files:

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

OK, one photo is not enuff...let's see more...I KNOW you've got more...

R-

12. dad-bud

dad-bud

Hoboy, that is one brave place to begin from - especially with the enchanted remains of the monkey in the trunkey.
    Your old blue one must be pretty bad to think this is a better potential end product.
    As for whether we need another 55 Caddy build? ................. 'course we do!!!
    Looking forward to your updates whenever you can post some for us.
    Cheers.

13. Roger, I know, I suck at telling stories and putting up pics. I'm getting the itch back now that I live somewhere I can do some wrenching at. I have a couple money maker O/T projects I need to send to raise some funds for the remaining parts I will need for this build. I promise I will post more pics soon, maybe upload a bunch to photobucket to make them easier for people to look at. I will be Caddy wrenching this upcoming holiday weekend.

14. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Sweet Cadillac .i'm looking forward to more photos too and if you wanna sell the trunk monkey let me know unless its cursed .

15. The G00SE

The G00SE

Sweet Cadillac! I want a wrecked coupe devile.. makes me want to quit work and go lock my self in the shop ! On a related subject that trunk monkey is sweet . My tattoo guy Noah collects mummified cats , he has 3, he clear coats them, helps preserve and cuts down on the stinking! He would probably trade you ink for a monkey...and no the cats aren't in the tattoo shop ...they are at his auto shop .

16. Eddie, nope the monkey isn't for sale. Goose no there is no odor from it. It was in a barn for 46 years untouched/molested

17. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

that dead monkey is prolly worth decent coin lol

18. caddyguy

caddyguy
    from canada

I wonder if monkeys were an option back in the day? Like your servant in the car. You know, light my cigarette, change the channel on the radio, auto pilot, and cruise control. GPS using fold out maps. Ah the joys of a luxury car! :D

19. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Thanks hoboy for responding I hope things are going good with the Cadillac

20. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Your car was one of my favorites from the '07 Power Tour. I took this photo in Racine.

[​IMG]

I was one of the fools toting Biodiesel for Jay Leno's EcoJet on that tour.

[​IMG]

21. Thanks barn Find. It sure doesn't look like that anymore. I made some good progress on the frame mounts for the front bumper this weekend. Next step is to fully align the front clip so I get the mounts in the correct location. That will be next weekends project

22. grease4life

grease4life

Any progress on your cadillac?