Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, May 17 & 18 2013 - Union County Dragway, Union SC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

We will be leaving the west Atlanta area around 10:00 – 11:00 Fri. if anyone wants to tag along. So far we have a motor-home, 57 Chevy, van, 56 Chevy and a pickup and 18ft. trailer full of nice tri-five parts to sell. We are seriously bringing a butt load of nice tri-five stuff so if you are working on one bring your list.

If there is anything special you’re looking for let me know, I’ll make sure it gets put on the load if we have it. We don’t have a lot of sheet metal, but lots of trim, gages, controls, window reg. and small items.

But we’re mostly coming to break something!

2. Thanks for the warning! :D

3. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Got a buddy looking for some 5-6-7 two door hardtop parts, ( from a donor car), some trunk parts, ( internal), in the taillight area.........Sheetmetal parts to be specific, be he elaborated no more than that.

Got any stuff of the like?
    I can get more info if you wish.

Edit:, I see "not a lot of sheet metal"

4. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

I don't think my buddy has any sheet metal panels, I know he doesn't have any donor cars.

There is a guy in Calhoun Ga that can fix him up thought. He has many donor cars. Can't remimber the name of his place though. About all he fools with is Tri-fives. It's a busniss down town Calhoune.

5. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Thank you much, I'll turn him on to it!

6. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

I actually reminbered to get the name and number today.

Rods N Rides
    1114 South Wall St.
    Calhoun, GA

Jerry Roberts
    706 625 3518

http://rodsnrides.net/store/

7. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

You're the best, I don't care what the people in Calhoun said about you!

8. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Well if your going to be at S-N-M maybe we can say hello over a cold one.

9. Colville

Colville

I'll be heading that way Friday from West Columbia SC. Only about an hour drive :) Looking forward to making this show for the first time! Not sure if we are staying the night somewhere or driving back and forth, guess we'll see. Anyone is invited to come by the house that weekend if we end up coming back. Cant wait!

10. cougarmike

cougarmike

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  11. theracedude

theracedude

Looks like we will be running the "COONHOUND" both days. Looks like a good time but i will be nervous camping with some of you fellers.

12. Randy when are you rolling? We will meet up with Tim in the morning and start heading up the 85. Might need to plan something.
    Tony

13. theracedude

theracedude

Let me get back to you on that. We are hauling the Gasser on the trailer so WHEN it breaks we got a ride home. I assume all you real men will be driving your cars there?

14. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

The difference between a dedicated racer and a committed racer is that a committed racer knows he will need a trailer to get his stuff back home.

15. Yeah we will be driving and attempting to not break anything :)
    Almost sucked a valve and drove home anyway a couple of years ago. Russian roulette kind of thing. Pays off when you're lucky.....

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592267

Still ahead of the 8 ball right now.:rolleyes:

16. theracedude

theracedude

The pics of those retainers make my nuts hurt! Your lucky.

17. my1971buick

my1971buick

Heck yeah we put on a great show. We have some killer campers going to be at the show too right Curtis ;) y'all guys need to come camp! The fun starts Friday night!!

Attached Files:

18. VOLKSWAGNUT

VOLKSWAGNUT
    from NC

Curtis, I have a quick question... our group plans to drive down Friday, and possibly set up our spots, can we return to those Saturday if we leave Friday evening ?

19. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

I would suggest that if you left a couple coolers full of cold beer to mark your spots! :rolleyes:

20. stick6coupe

stick6coupe

Rumour has it the Oddballz crew are leaving Salisbury area around noon-1pm friday, picking us up near Mooresville and taking the back roads to the event. More info as I talk to them. We got us a convoy! If anyone is in the area, jump in. We'll have a slew of wrench heads, tools and coolers.

21. stick6coupe

stick6coupe

P.S.- if anyone has rear window trim for a 35 chevy master, bring it and ill bring the cash.

22. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Yes sir!

23. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

How about some rockin surf music with your old school hot rods! Check out The Monterreys at 4 pm Saturday, May 18th!
    These guys throw down!
    [​IMG]

24. Colville

Colville

http://www.thebigmo.com

Anyone want to drive 1.5 hours away for a movie Saturday night? Just a little something to do if anyone is interested. It is kind of far, but just thought I'd share.

25. Wish I could make it, but I'm afraid my P.O.S. wouldn't make it all the way to B.F.E. (Bum F**k Eqypt) and back without breaking down. Guess I'll just have to settle for pictures after the fact.

26. GatorRacer

GatorRacer
    from Greer SC

Well 1 of the 3 rides are ready to go. Only 9 more days! Can't wait to see everyone there.

27. Curtis, How's the Auction inventory coming? Remember to count me in for a panel or two......

28. toucan

toucan
    from sc

hurry hurry step right up! its gonna be too cool!

29. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Shane "scsonoma" is handling the auction this year, so maybe he will chime in. As far as I know it is shaping up to be a good one but could use some more items, especially with this being such a great cause.

30. sc_sonoma

sc_sonoma

So far I have:
    $75 in gift certificates from an online autoparts distributor
    2 weekend passes to a very popular North Carolina car show/music festival
    Daron Gray Hot rod photograph collection
    Framed hot rod artwork
    Custom, one off Small Block Chevy engine dress up kit
    Brett4Christ's pinstriped panel

Still need more donations! I'd rather have to buy another table because we run out of room than to have empty space.

CAR CLUBS: How about throwing up some support gear for the auction?