Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rhinececk, Ny swap meet 2013 may 3-5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old soul, Apr 29, 2013.

1. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

I did a search didnt see much about the show. Im from syracuse area. I heard this show was good. Ive never been. Has any one ever been? or is going? Also is there a place to pitch a tent and camp on grounds or near by?? Thats how I roll!!! Also this is a reminder for the guys that do know about the show. How far under albany is it???

2. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

Rhinebeck Duchess County Fairgrounds is right on rt 9 ....about 15 miles north of Poughkeepsie ....used to be a really great swap meet , but ebay has slowed down the commerce , a big car corral ..worth going , really good car show

3. jcs64

jcs64

love it, I go every year. nice clean fair grounds, nobody burning there garbage in a homemade woodstove at there site! 99% car stuff, so if your looking for a weed wacker, you already missed stafford springs :)
    as for the tent, Im not sure, I know they have RV spots at the far end of the parking lot so Id guess they would let you pitch a tent (that sounds sooo wrong to say)

jeff

4. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Great show. My boys and I are excited. Usually spend more time at the swap meet, but the car show is cool too. I think they do Hot Rods on Saturday, and Antique Cars on Sunday. Not sure about the camping. It is about 60 miles from Albany, over the Rhinecliff Bridge. They also do a great job with parking, never waiting too long.

5. marlinmustang

marlinmustang
    from Nanuet NY

Great show will be set up in the building selling my model car kits, promos and diecast. Saturday is hot rods and sunday is stock. Only show I do that sunday is as big as saturday. I am south of Rhinebeck but the drive up there is even nice.

6. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I go every year, will be going again this year. Not really looking for anything so I won't be disappointed. Just a nice day out, as said use to be a really good swapmeet but then again they pretty much all were.

7. Nemosgarage

Nemosgarage

Should be good all the vendor spaces are sold out.

8. rld14

rld14

I'm going on Saturday. Ill wear my HAMB hat so you guys know who to throw eggs at haha.

9. jcs64

jcs64

Just made up my mind, Im going to go on a Friday for the first time ever. Anyone ever do the friday? Most of the vendors all set up?

jeff

10. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

diecast ? that is pretty much the only thing at swap meets these days

11. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

will be there shopping on saturday, wanted to sell but have to get a sales tax number to get a vendor space for next year.

12. jcs64

jcs64

13. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

I went every year when I live in NY.Nice's Show grounds I have been to.Clean rest rooms,paved walkways,great food vendors,big indoor areas for vendors,good parking,and huge old trees for shade.All car shows and swap meets should take a lesson from this one.

14. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

waving to GoodGuys

Saturday
    clear Clear. High of 73F. Winds less than 5 mph.
    Saturday Night
    nt_clear Clear. Low of 41F. Winds less than 5 mph.
    Sunday
    clear Clear. High of 72F. Winds less than 5 mph.

15. I go up on Friday! A fair amount of vendors set up.

16. marlinmustang

marlinmustang
    from Nanuet NY

I set up Fridad and is a great day to pick. But not everyone is set up. Saturday mourning is as good as Friday. If you do friday be prepared to walk through since new stuff pops up as people set up all day.

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Always a GREAT time! The ride up the Taconic Parlway this time of year is really nice. The Fairgrounds are well maintained, parking is easy in, easy out. If I can find a part I need for a project fine, something to flip is even better. Always good to see old friends, and make new ones. Hope to hit the field around 8 Saturday. Bob

18. CruZer

CruZer

Like the Syracuse Nats, Rhinebeck is a show /swap that I don't miss. It's definitely worth your time to come check it out.

19. If you go, take I-81 and then over I-86/NY-17 and cut over on the two-lanes from around Liberty to Kingston (route 209) so the only toll you pay is one way across the Hudson.

I went a couple of years, the one year I drove, and going that way (how I came home) was about the same time-wise as going 75 down I-90 (which I did going down), but no toll and some pretty scenery down through there. Plus I was able to eat in the truckstop in Binghamton, which isn't a bad restaurant.

The show is big, probably the best thing to compare it to is Norwich - but it gets more cars, the fairgrounds is a tad classier, and the swap/flea market is like 90% guys with car stuff or car-related stuff. It's also the same thing as far as hot rods one day and AACA classics the next.

If you're going for fun it should be a great trip; I used to go and vend with a buddy and I could never sell enough to do more than pay for the gas - and that was when gas was like half what it is now. So I stopped going.

And if you see the mayor of Kingston, be sure to flip him off. Google Shayne Gallo for umpteen stories as to why.

20. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We will be set up with the the best items at the meet. Building A spot 29. Stop by say HELLO. Ron

21. ecna

ecna

I couldn't make it today. Is the swap meet still good on Sunday?

22. 1934coupe

1934coupe

To be honest, NO! But then again for those that go looking around there are some good prices after 12 noon.

Pat

23. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

Was a good show I am 2 hours away and was worth my trip lake compoundce tommorrow

24. poprockcrusher

poprockcrusher

Great weather Today ..plenty of swap meet junk still around ...excellent turnout of show cars

25. 1934coupe

1934coupe

There was over 800 cars Saturday and 1000 antiques and classics on Sunday

Pat

26. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Friggin missed this show. I totally forgot about it, then I spoke with a customer on the phone yesterday and he asked if I went. CRAP that was last weekend wasn't it?

Anyone know when Norwich is? Missed that last year.

27. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

Bob Sekelsky All Original 59 Bel Air
    [​IMG]
    Rick's 270hp 57 Convertible
    [​IMG]
    Rick's 57 Nomad No Paint Ever
    [​IMG]

28. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY