Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hosting my first car show: Announcing the Lone Star Deluxe April 27th in Texas City

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam Navarro, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

@ Brokenspoke-I cannot thank you enough for your support through this entire event sir, I truly appreciate it.

@65Gregg- Thanks for coming out & supporting, I'm glad to hear you guys had fun

@erric54- I cannot wait to see that Chevy finished! Thanks for coming out.

@aldixie- Great seeing you two & thanks for coming out, next year I hope you can make it in the Chevy too! Lets see some pics when you get a chance

@ Everyone else- I cannot begin to tell you all how much I appreciate the support. I learned a valuable lesson over the last several months to say the least. I have an all new respect for car shows like The Hoedown, The Roundup, The Burnout, Pistons & Paint etc...... Those are all great events & I have a new appreciation for the folks that put them on! I am still waiting on car & motorcycle counts but I am thinking between 75-100 cars & about 5 bikes total with near 1000 people throughout the day! The city of Texas City was in a bright star yesterday even with the rain & I do plan on hosting the 2nd annual Lone Star Deluxe. Please post some pics if you have them as I was running around all day & didnt really snap any!

Cheers,
    SN

2. 1954fordcoupe

1954fordcoupe

Sam great show and we enjoyed it!

3. bald_and_grumpy

bald_and_grumpy

Here are a few quick photos... LSD1.jpg

LSD2.jpg

LSD3.jpg

LSD4.jpg

LSD5.jpg

LSD6.jpg

LSD7.jpg

LSD8.jpg

LSD9.jpg

LSD10.jpg

4. bald_and_grumpy

bald_and_grumpy

Even the coffee truck was really cool!

5. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I had a great time! Our office manger got 2nd place in the pin up contest. Yea for Bailey! We will be back. Did not bring any cars this year but next year - maybe.

I recommend this show as Sam did an outstanding job. This was truly a family event. It was a really good time.

Thanks Sam.

Mark

6. aldixie

aldixie

Here are a few pictures I took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Damn Alex thanks! The guys from Los Cochinos rolled in deep this year & their own Jeff Whitely aka Pan Blanco won the best of show for his beautiful 51 Chevy Sedan Kustom. I am so happy & proud to hear you guys all had a good time & I cant wait til the next one!

Thanks,
    SN

8. A Rodder

A Rodder

Any more pics?
    Great job, those that went seemed to like it, you and your helpers should be quite proud.

9. svo

svo

Had fun at the show. Thanks for having it!

jeff

10. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

@ A Rodder- Thank you so much for the compliment, I am so proud & thankful for my friends that volunteered that day to help. I held a little after party for them after with food & booze as a small thank you for all of the help. I hope one day you can make it out sir.

@ SVO- Thanks for supporting my gig, I am happy to hear you had fun & I hope you can make it out next year!

SN

11. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Well its official, the 2nd Annual Lone Star Deluxe will be held on April 26th at the same location. We are making a couple of improvements & we are hoping to make it another success. Stay tuned for further details.

SN

12. This needs a new thread Sam.

13. Sorry to hijack Sam's thread but I wanted to check on you Richard. You ok? Last time I saw you at Sam's show, you had Bill (Brokenspoke) and I worried, hope all is well.

14. Much better, thanks.

15. I worked for Gene Hamond Ford in the old part of TC back in the early 60's and drove this for him at the races. It is serial no 14 and an original AC Cobbra

Attached Files:

16. That's a nice shot of the tower.

17. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Awesome. Hopefully you can make it out to TC for my next show to see how nice the city has renovated downtown TC.

SN

18. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Hey Richard, I will start a new thread now but I wanted to share it with the folks on this one as well.

All- Its official, the 2nd annual Lone Star Deluxe is on 04-2-14 in Texas City, Tx at the Showboat Theater! Hope to see everyone out & I promise it will be bigger & better than the 2013 LSD Show.

Cheers,
    SN

Attached Files:

19. aldixie

aldixie

2nd Annual show is this Saturday. It's a nice home town style show.