Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ** Stray Kat 500 / May 3,4 & 5, 2013 / Ron Myers Inspiration Award ceremony

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

thanks Bret - great meeting you and Ken and seeing your cool flatbed. Great seeing and reconnecting with everyone else too and meeting some really excellent new friends. The weather actually made that even better. It is always great talking to Dr. Dave too.

2. gonmad

gonmad

Amazing turnout for such crappy weather!! I mean really, like 400 or so and cold and wet all day. Shows how awesome the show really is with that many people still coming!!

Thanks Mick, you do a great event!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. Yep, amazing turnout for such crappy weather. Good show again.

4. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I had another awesome weekend with my Stray Kat Kustoms family. I'm very humbled at how many people introduced themselves and said they follow my work. Thanks to all of you that came out to enjoy the comraderie of the rain! In my view this is no "car show" this is a family getogether.
    Thanks ladies and gents for another great weekend! I'm starting to work on the photos now.

5. tjmercury

tjmercury

Always a pleasure Travis!

6. flathead_10

flathead_10
    from Kansas

thank you travis you do so much for our car kulture in the midwest. the show was great, weather as we all know sucked, but was cool to meet new freinds. A little photo from the drive down taken from the t-bird of my freinds 34 ford

Attached Files:

7. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Wipers? We dont need no stinking wipers!

8. Home safe and sound from a great weekend! The best times I have had at shows are when the weather was less than you hope for and this weekend was no exception. Hanging with the Kats; Mick, Krobe, Aaron, Myers, Travis (tootallokie), Travis (travisfromkansas) and friends Dan, Bret and his dad, my dad, Jimmy, Mr. C, lil Toot and the rest of the stripers and the piles of other folks I got to chat with. Even won an award...go figure that. I guess giving Krobe a hug and a kiss when I hit town paid off. LOL

Thanks guys for another fabulous event! Mickey, you and the guys put on the best event of the year....you all go above and beyond to make it a family event where a car show breaks out.

If you didn't come, you missed out and should be there next year!

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  9. metalix_421

metalix_421

all you guys are complaining about the weather, Ill take that little bit of rain over how hot it was last year.

great show as always though.

see you guys next year.

10. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

11. What a great, although a little damp, weekend. Finally got to meet Dan and Travis. Talked a lot and meet more people. Thanks to Mick for an other good weekend. The old Chevy ran good on it's maiden voyage for us. The service at the Hampton motel was good and no fire alarms this year.
    Later,
    Dick

12. hankthebigdog

hankthebigdog
    from oklahoma

It was my first SK500 and we really enjoyed it , even though the weather was..... I was glad to get to meet a few of the HAMBERS there and the Stray Kat bunch. I will definitely be back next year.

13. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

Our first StrayKat 500 also, we had a blast!!!! I Enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone and wow, what a cool bunch of rides!

I guess we got lucky and didn't drive through one drop of rain, coming down or going home.

I definitely enjoyed the tasty burger and rings at Goldies and the Mac n Cheese (with chicken, bacon and jalapenos) at 2 Sisters in downtown Bartlesville, the Tom Mix museum and Frank Phillips' Woolaroc ranch.

We bought a couple of items at the antique stores. (I have antiques in almost every room of our house from the stores in Dewey!)

Thanks Mick for an awesome show!

The mini posters and the shop rag in the goodie bag was a extra added bonus.

We would have loved to hang around longer but, we had to rush home to our daughter's concert in the park.

14. tjmercury

tjmercury

It was great meeting you all too! Hope you fellas come back next year!!!!

15. Had a good time talking with you and your missus. The old Chevy sounded great!

16. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

Most fun I've had in six years of coming to sk500.

17. 5fiver

5fiver

Thanks again to Mick and the Kats for another great show. The SK500 is always on the top of my got to go list!

18. I thought we were going to make it this year but once again we had to back out at the last minute. I hate it when that happens! Anyway, we'll make it one of these day's. Look's like everyone was having fun...

Travis... Thanks for sharing the pictures, help's ease the pain a little.

19. wizzard23

wizzard23

Dr. Dave, I think the tag on your Merc was probably worth a few extra points towards an award! I shivvered alot but still had a great time. Didn't miss the Roadster for a second!

20. LOL. I did ask Mick's approval before I ordered that plate. One of my favorite pictures is the tail of his car and mine wearing the same plates. :)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Its not a surprise that I like Mercs, so if you drive one to the show you have a good
    chance of winning an award. :) This year Dr. Dave was the only Merc that got an award.

[​IMG]

Sorry I hadn't been on here sooner but I'm kind a lost for words... I guess the weather
    could have been worse but hearing all of the guys that drove through rain, sleet & snow
    just to hang out with us was soo kool. I thought we would have close to 200 but we were
    right at the 400 mark. WOW!

The Show attracts real Kustoms and Hot Rods and their owners are as real as their rides.
    For the guys that didn't make it I understand, I had a lot of calls through out the day
    apologizing that they were not going to make it. I told them I understand.... I had one call
    me to tell me they just got 6 inches of snow and they would be there they just didn't know
    when. He had a longer drive then normal but he made it....

I have too many people to thank to name them, but all of the Kat that helped me, and all
    that thought about helping me, thank you for all that you do. the show has grown to a point
    that you got to have help and I have the best crew around.... thank you.

Like to thank everyone that attended the show and the ones that had tried and had to
    turn around. I know stuff happens, I've been there.... Also we had guys that could not
    make it down in their rides so they drove the late model down. That is kool too, the most
    important thing is I got to visit with ya....

the Ron Myers tribute went without the "toast" Some kool things were said about one of
    the koolest guys that I know. I think Ron was relived....

Like to thank Jennifer James for putting on the Pin up contest. Because of the rain we had
    to do it without Sound but they pulled it off just fine. We will be doing this for a while and
    I was thrilled that we didn't have one poodle skirt. Very kool!

I'm sure I would add more later because of the guys that know me know that I'm more of a
    talker then a writer. (Its the Okie in me)

thanks again for all of the kind words.

Happy Trails, Mick

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  22. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I forgot to double check with you to see if the Mac n Cheese worked out. I thought ya
    guys would like it. Hhhhhmmm, may have to go there for lunch...

23. Mac and Cheese. And it was right across the street from the motel. Shoulda gone there instead of the Mexican restaurant that we went to.
    Mick, it was a fantastic weekend. I am so glad that I have a car again.
    Later,
    Dick

24. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

Not that it matters but,
    The mac-n-cheese quote was from me, not "wizard23"
    and Road Kill PU, the mac-n-cheese is in downtown Bartlesville, not across the street at Goldies. They have the awesome burgers and pickle bar.