Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model Car Sunday 05/05/2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by miwi, May 5, 2013.

1. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

It seems that no one has started a Model Car Sunday thread today

This one you may know but I had added a few things, like a surf board , lincens plate etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Love it. ? Whered you get those headlights from.

3. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Started this 1/87 scale 1955 caddy yesterday.
    [​IMG]

I chopped it and dropped it.

[​IMG]

Then I cut the org grill out and mocked up a 50 buick grill to fit.

[​IMG]

Right now its all flat black.....But I have no pics of it yet. Later today I will.

4. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Finished up this Polara build of a friends car for him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

That Polara turned out really nice both the real one and the scale one. Is that a JoHan Kit?

6. ... these are great!, nice job guys!

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  7. Your friend is one lucky guy. You got every detail perfect, right down to the stance. Beautiful work!

8. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Thanks guys for the comments.
    It is a Johan kit his wife bought for him.He was aprehensive to build it because of what she paid for it. I told him it looks way better now than sitting in the box.
    The car is a real SuperStock 426 his father bought new.He is here on the HAMB as well under (Metal Nazi)

9. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

Form another modeler from the USA.

10. steveb

steveb

Good stuff today! 1/87? My eyes would hurt for sure!

Those of you who visit model car message boards may have seen this, but for the rest, here it it. I've been working on this AMT '49 Mercury for a little while now, & I finally almost have the interior done. I reshaped the seats & door panels & used acrylic paint as the tuck & roll inserts. The armrests, door handles, window cranks & steering wheel are resin copies of pieces that I scratchbuilt (except the steering wheel rim). The side panels & front seat still need to be glued to the floor, so please excuse any gaps that are visible.
    Thanks to Jeff Nepl for the dimensions on the window cranks & door handles.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The dash is from Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland with the master made by Rikster. The dash & shift knobs are made from laminated purple & white plastic.
    [​IMG]

Here is an older photo of what it's going into. The body has since been painted purple like the dash, & awaiting polishing.
    [​IMG]

For those interested in seeing more photos, including step by step photos of the top chop, check out my FB album.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Boutte-Kustoms/136565936448460#!/media/set/?set=a.141065212665199.23984.136565936448460&type=1

11. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

I'm doing the Revell 1957 Chev Black Widow kit, basically in stock 150 form to try to duplicate the color scheme, wheels, engine, etc of my pal's true-life 150. I had to scratch build a floor shifter like his. Robbed the aftermarket chrome wheels from leftover Corvette kit. The chrome valve covers and air cleaner came from another "salvage" kit.

It's still in pre-final assembly stage now. Lots of minor paint touch up to be done, plus most of the chrome pieces are yet to be installed. So, today's pics are just to show what's going on behind the final product. He built this car over ten years ago and it's the 57 Chev model he always wanted since we were in high school. This is a belated birthday gift, so he doesn't know about it. Should be done before next Sunday....I'll post the finished model then..................... Mac VP

Attached Files:

12. scrubba

scrubba

As some of you are aware , I'm doing a model of the former Zep or Zeppelin Diner . What is a diner without customers ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    scrubba

13. thehazguy

thehazguy

Always nice material presented and great talent Excellent work folks

14. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

@Steveb, WOW that interior is really something. LOVE all that detail.

15. rc57

rc57

Holy crap Steve, that's amazing. If I'm going to compete with that, I'm going to need to get my crayons sharpened or something ;)

16. Steve B.... the Mercury looks incredibly gorgeous.You already know how I feel about that car,I love it.Also I want to thank you for acknowledging that I was able to help you a little bit.........im not used to getting acknowledged for helping others and its nice to see how great the car looks.

17. froghawk

froghawk

Great stuff today!

Steve, the Merc is beyond amazing. Clearspot, you've certainly done that rare Johan kit justice!

I've got my '40s-style '36 Ford roadster in primer. Chopped windshield and top, corrected door length. Currently vacillating on what to do with the rear end... spare tucked in a bit closer (perhaps even sunk part way in the deck?) or maybe just the good old Calori-style recessed license plate...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still needs lots of work to get the damn hood to fit properly.

18. Tweed Deluxe

Tweed Deluxe
    from England

I think the spare looks kind of clunky... I'd go with a recessed license plate. The rest is absolutely spot on. You and Steve half inspire me, and half make me want to give up. :)

That '63 Polara is nice too. Very business-like.

19. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Here is an old favorite that was first released in 1964[​IMG]

20. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

21. slingshot392

slingshot392

22. fat141

fat141