Register now to get rid of these ads!

The jade idol to australia..............

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Batidor del mono, May 4, 2013.

1. Hey there guys, my name is Des Russell im starting this thread to let THE HAMB world know what im doin.

heres the goal, i want to get THE JADE IDOL to chopped in australia this coming october.
    im doing this all off my own back with no financial gain to myself, just repaying Bob for helping me out with the galaxie a model a roadster body i bought off him and so others can enjoy the jade idol in Aus.

first off a few months ago i bought a 61 galaxie for a new daily driver, this car was purchased of non other than Bob Bleed. through the wonders of facebook we made a deal, long story short, Piero (evel) made a good point to leave the car in austin at bobs house and i did, travelled over to the states went on a crazy road trip and met up with the guys in Austin for the roundup, some of u may have met some of the many aussies gettin around Austin that week, one might have been me, anyway, i have loved there music for a long time. went and saw them at the contental club, and they ruled.
    speaking with Bob and Mark Ford over the week while we were al hanging out we discussed the options of them coming to Aus to play at chopped.
    i made it a little goal to raise whatever funds i could to get them there, im a memeber of the eldorados of south muckleford and some of u may know the guys that throw chopped are in my club so i cleared it with them they loved the idea so ive gone ahead with it. so attached is a link to an indie go go campaign to raise funds purely for plane tickets and stuff.

so far its been goin really well only in the third day now, auctions off some really cool shit on facebook to put the profits towards the campaign. including an old meat cleaver that was donated by a sign writer here in aus and auctioned off for 300 bucks....... also some mad fabricator australia dvds that Piero donated, more shit to auction but im calling any hambers American, Australian or otherwise to at least check out the indie go go campaign and throw a couple bucks in if u can spare it and wanna see these guys get to Australia and play some rock and roll. its just a donate if u feel u want, 5 10 bucks 100 bucks whatever the hell u like. it would be great and the guys will love it.

HERES THE LINK, CLICK IT, CHECK IT OUT AN THROW A COUPLE BUCKS IN IF U LIKE, ITS EASY.........

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jade-idol-to-australia/x/3172806

alot of the pics i took are goin to a magazine for an article on the whole trip but ill post a few including the pics of this killer jade idol meat cleaver.

lets support these guys and get there music out there alot more than they already are, show them what the australian hotrod and custom scene is all about. and make chopped even better than it already is...................

cheers Des

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. heres a few pics of the shit we did. just for something cool to check out, a few people, Matty Egan, Coop, Gambino, Chris Casny, Joe T Creep, Lucky Burton, Piero De Luca, Bob Bleed, Paul Kelly, Mark Ford, a few of the people in the pics that i was lucky enough to hang with, drink beers and shoot the breeze

Attached Files:

3. some more pics.........

Attached Files:

4. more

Attached Files:

5. Some more

Attached Files:

6. Some more, fuck it may aswell give u guys something to look at, these are all a few i picked out of around 500 photos

Attached Files:

7. AND HERES ONE FOR THE CAUSE, ITS NOT TO DO WITH THE HAMB ITS MORE OF THE COUGH COUGH.....(facebook) THING BUT HERE U GO.

Attached Files:

8. Anyone wanna have a look?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. bump for a rad cause

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

11. i got a shitload more pics of ur car mark but there goin to a magazine so cant post them.
    cheers
    des

12. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Awesome pictures! Bumping this one back to the top, chuck a few bucks in ya tight arses!

13. Cruiser

Cruiser

Awesome, some very cool pictures.

CRUISER :cool:

14. Up to the top for the aussies

15. SoCal

SoCal

Really cool photos man

16. Cheers mate thanks a lot

17. alot of veiw's who's willing to throw in couple bucks

18. Fuck yeah!!!!!!

Attached Files:

19. Good morning hamb

20. Firefly

Firefly

Ha, ha....... so did ya get your fix of Fried chicken and Day old Banana puddin?

It would be awesome to see Jade Idol at Chopped .... they'd fit in ... just like locals :D

21. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Speaking of the Jade Idol, what the hell ever happened to it? The car I mean.

22. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

I thought Billy Belmont in Mass still owned it? I got to see the car at his shop about ten tears ago...

23. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

24. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Just want to say huge thanks to everything Des has done to make this happen..... He's a madsnake badass!!!!

25. no ur a fucking madsnake Mother Fucking Mark Ford.
    your welcome mate this will be the best chopped yet if we get those funds all raised.

surely someone on the hamb wants to kick in a couple bucks.

des

26. ausbuick

ausbuick

Good work Des....
    Get on board Guys and Gals.
    Cheers Darren

27. 10 bucks helps fellas anything really. A lot of cool shit being donated and raffled off. It's pretty awesome.

28. Bump

29. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

My concern is, will Jade Idol be able to play down under. Things are different down there, toilets flush backwards, they drive funny, electricity if funky (ac/dc, who knows), they drink capucinos, people are just plain weird etc etc. Just putting this out there :)

30. Hahahahaha my concern is ur wierd Chris. Hey ur not hardcore till u have a hotrod cappuccino tattoo. U should come to dude make a whole thing of it.
    Des