Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Jack Stewart Ford makes it into the Rodder's Journal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rikster, May 4, 2013.

1. Rikster

Rikster

Today the team at the Rodder's Journal send out a new email newsletter announcing issue #59 and some of its content. One of the feature cars in this issue is the Jack Stewart 1941 Ford, featured in bare metal photographed by Geoff Miles at the Rodder's Journal studio.

The whole Jack Stewart Ford Project team is extremely proud to have made it into THE Rodder's Journal. Pat Ganahl did a really great job on the article sharing some of the highlights of the car and its really fantastic history.
    Its good to read that the car finally gets it well deserved recognition as a very important part in the Custom Car History.

I hope all the readers of the magazine will enjoy this article on as much as we do.

[​IMG]

I took this photo of some of the guys from Scandinavia and Jason from the Rodder's Journal team pushing the Jack Stewart 1941 Ford into the photo studio back in January 2013.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EVL401 likes this.
  2. gonna try to get an issue of the Rodder's Journal, thanks Rik,

I'm still reading your book, a true masterpiece!

Thanks, Carsten

3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats Rik, Palle, and your entire team! Been fun to watch the progress.

4. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Very well deserved recognition for great car !

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. ausbuick

ausbuick

well done guys

6. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

Well done to everyone involved. Very deserved Rik.

7. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Cool car .:cool::D Was it ever painted after being a new car?

8. Rikster

Rikster

Not sure what you mean here?

9. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Supper Clean Ride !! can't wait to receive that issue from the Rodder's Journal

10. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

I can understand the fuzz around the car and history and all that and that it`s build in barris and ayolas shop,but.
    (gona make som enimies now) the car look like s**t
    The crafmansship is awsom,but why?
    And yes i would like to have a barris car me to,it`s not that.
    The car do not look good.
    Yes yes im sorry.

11. ^And you'd be wrong. This car is gorgeous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

You can not be serius?
    Look at the car to the right in pick 2 thats a nice looking car.

13. Love the car and the effort to restore it. Critics always hijack posts and turn it off topic.

I spent three days in the Rodders Journal Photo Emporium and know exactly what it takes to do that photo shoot. Great job to all concerned.

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Congradulations Palle, Rik and Lars (the body gaurd).

15. Rikster

Rikster

The Jack Stewart Ford has been a big part in my life for the last three years ever since my good friend Palle Johansen from Denmark bought the car. I have done all the research on the car that I could think about before writing a 200 plus page book about the car and its owners. I have been very much involved in the restoration, even though I did not do any actual work on the car.
    It was amazing to see the car in person when it was picked up from Amsterdam in 2010, and even more so after a lot of work was done to it by Palle and his team and I saw it in bare metal shortly before it was send over seas.
    And it was an amazing experience to see and hold the first copy of my own book about the car.
    But I have to say that seeing the wonderful studio photos and reading the story on the car done by my Custom Car hero Pat Ganahl really does something to me. It makes me feel very proud

Ever since I have received my advance copy of the Rodder's Journal #59 there has not been a single day that I have not looked at the amazing article. And even though I do not own the Jack Stewart Ford it makes me very proud the project team was able to get the car to the GNRS and get the Rodder's Journal to do this excellent article on what Pat Ganalh describes as a "unique trend-breaking" custom car.

Another photo of the team pushing the Jack Stewart 1941 Ford backwards into the Rodder's Journal studio.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  16. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

So awesome, glad it's finally restored. Makes me kind of nervous though knowing that it travels back and fourth across the pond so often, theres a lot of water and margin for error between the continents. Also, I'm ready to see some color on it finally, when is that going to happen?

17. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Congratulations, and well deserved.....you've made it to the top in our world, to be in TRJ!

18. jivin jer

jivin jer

What a great experiance for everyone involved. Not quite as exciting as actually "being there" but, I am able to "insert" myself. Very cool, all around. Thanks for the contribution.

19. adventurer

adventurer

meeting you and Palle at the GNRS has been a great experience...wonderful custom and wonderful job....

20. The photo shoot at Rodders Journal is quite an experience. They still shoot actual film, and after a series of shots, they literally drive to the photo lab have the film developed and decide if they are satisfied before they move the car for the next shot. It is a long involved process, but that is how they do it.

21. Torchie

Torchie

Congratulations to all envolved.
    Great to see another original custom saved.
    Torchie.

22. RussTee

RussTee

Although this car is not to everyones taste it is very important in the history of hotrodding the temptations to make changes to the car during its restoration must have been huge congratulations to the team and its owner . We have a early custom here in New Zealand called Wild Honey which was almost lost and was sourounded by roumours it is now being put back to street condition but I think that so much of it had been sold off or changed in the past that it would have been very difficult to restore it is a pity because I feel Wild Honey was a car so far ahead of its time that it may have set a world trend in its prime as it appeared in several overseas magazines however I am looking forward to seeing it back on the road here.

23. 4rod

4rod

wow, I'm so pleased to see this happening to a relic...we all have them, some with history such as this others, well..."their ours to make some history with,"...Devan Schulz WiLdHaiR CusToMs.

24. Rikster

Rikster

I think they now went digital as well.
    I know they have used film for a very long time and they might still use film for some. But as far as I know the studio photography for the Jack Stewart 1941 Ford was done digitally.
    Geoff Miles send (email) us some photos he made during this photo shoot. And it is clearly a digital photo with file info showing the camera data etc, not a scan made from film.

25. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Congrats,that is another good reason to get that issue.Royalshifters Victoria is also in that issue.

26. ausbuick

ausbuick

I like the J.S. more and more everytime I see it.
    Cheers Darren

27. Did Palle Johansen ever work for Boyd Coddington?

JH

28. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Congratulation Palle and Rik........

To get the car in RJ is only a dream for most of us

And to have Rik do a fantastic book about your car is even better

So go and buy Rik`s Book http://rikhovingkustoms.com/RHK1/Kustom_Kar_Books.html

A Kustom historie lesson you will never forget

29. resto-rodder

resto-rodder

I agree Rik's book, the Jack Stewart Ford, is the best! He has all kinds of information on the early California custom scene as well as stories on the car and its owners. It is a must have for us custom car fans!

30. Congrats you guys ! Can't wait to see the coverage in TRJ... Rik , I love the book !