Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mad gear, May 3, 2013.

1. Mad gear

Mad gear
    from Texas

I found a 32 ford sedan and was wondering what kind money they go for. It is in good shape. The frame is built for a 350 Chevy motor 350 trans and has a corvette rear end. The body is primer and also very good shape. Has a drop axle with disk brakes. Very good shape grill and head lights. No glass or interior. Good fenders. I just don't want to over pay for it. It has to be moved very soon.

2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

O.K. with what you listed a sedan will bring 12-15K tops. Be careful of the Corvette rear end as they used to really be installed wrong in the early days. Make sure the body is not full of bondo and patch panels.

3. this would be a good place to put some pictures

4. Vette rear?!?

5. You so no interior. Are the window moldings there. The window regulators. The door latches. What part of our great state are you in?

6. Vette rear and Beam axle. Think about that a while. Well at least part of it's right. Talk about a Poor Handleing car on a nice winding road. Not to worry, you could fix that by adding M-2 up front. Of course the Correct thing to do is to SCRAP the Vette rear.
    The Wizzard

7. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

M2 on a 32.Not!!! I think you were kidding,right.

8. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

He's not asking how to build it, he's asking the value of it as it sits.:mad: WTF

9. If you aren't familiar with 32 Fords then you will find out that its overpriced no matter what they ask..:D

10. '32 prices are all over the map, so it's hard to nail down a real, honest price. The fact that's steel and has fenders is a plus, but the chassis sounds like a weird combination. The back half might be too chopped up to save, you never know.

Here's what I would do:
    Climb all over the car and really take a good look at it structurally, especially from the inside out. Look for bad bodywork and patchwork. Let the seller know that you aren't crazy about the chassis, and keep driving that point home.

Is there a price that the owner is asking, or is this a "make me an offer" deal? If it's an "offer" deal, shoot him a lowball of 8K and watch his reaction. If he's quick to react and he's a little insulted, prepare to start bumping up the offer quickly. The reason for the lowball is not to offend him, it's just that you said that the car needed to be moved quickly, and maybe the seller may just wants fast cash.

I agree with Pewsplace. Be prepared to go up to around 12-15K. It never hurts to fire off a lowball offer, because it will tell you how serious the seller is to sell it. I'd rather work a deal on the price from the bottom-up than to come from the top-down.

11. deucemanab

deucemanab

I have one,built in 1985,which is worth about 30000.00 but has a lot of upgrades.the one you are looking at i would say around 18-20.
    Deucemanab

12. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Couple of other things--Does it have a title--can you see the vin stamping (easiest to find is stamped top of the frame, drivers side just in front of the fire wall leg) A magnet helps on the bondo search, if there's no interior you can usually look for the back side of patch panels. As for price, complete with garnish moldings (real hard to find) and all the other stuff you can get 10k to 15k is a pretty fair price range, so long as its not complete dog. I agree about a low ball price, so long as you don't really piss off the seller. Hey, let us know how this deal goes, I'm really curious about how this deal. BILL RINALDI

13. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Whats to kid about? :rolleyes: There are more M2's on deuces than you think. My sedan is a Heidts front and a Jag rear and it handles quite well.

My question to the OP would be are you sure it's a vette rear or could it possibly be a jag rear, Some folks get them confused. As for the price pics would help a lot but from what you have stated already I'd say between the 12 to 18K range.

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Is it possible that the "vette rear" is a pre-'63 solid axle type and not the independent style like everyone here is ASSUMING (REMEMBER, f you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME). If that is so it's nothing more than a short version of a '55-'57 Chevy rear and probabaly sized near perfect for the '32.
    As far as price you've already been given some good advice on value. Just remember that '32's are all over the map and it's a matter of how much you want one more so than a set price. There is an old saying "you never pay too much for a '32 but you can buy too soon". Meaning, if you pay too much for today, just wait awhile and the price will catch up to your investment.

Frank

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Two or Four door sedan? Tudors may be more valuable...but I'd take a '32 Fordor in a hot second...(price reduction commensurate)

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Truer words have never been spoken :)
    In my area, a 32 Ford sedan body, with fenders and the hood will bring 15 grand all day long. Add in all the little " expensive stuff " like bumpers, headlights, garnish molding, fuel tank ect and you can be @ 20 grand very easily.

While I myself do not go for the IRS Corvette rear end ... they are not terrible if installed correctly.

Look at the rear end ... if the brakes are close to the gear housing ... it is a Jag.

[​IMG]
    photo of Merlins 32 ... taken off the internet

If the brakes are out near the wheels ... it is a Corvette.

[​IMG]

Most folks here on the HAMB ( a traditional forum for pre 65 Vehicles ) find the Mustang II and other independent front suspension FUGLY. And so many have been improperly installed also. Same goes for independent rear ends. A lot of bad installations.

Back to the original question ... :cool:

Go online and check the prices of 32 sedans. Decent, up and running 32 sedans bring 25 grand and up. Coupes and roadsters even more.

[​IMG]

17. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I'd say it's somewhere in the 11-18K range. A lot depends upon the shape of the sheetmetal and quality of all work done. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Vette rear. Don't let all the self appointed traditional cops tell you it's wrong. They've been putting Jag and Vette rears into rods since the mid 60's. There's also nothing wrong with running the Vette rear with a solid front axle. It's not like you're building the car to run road courses anyway.

18. Lets see,,first times poster,the car has to be sold soon,he is in Texas and we all know about a recently stolen 32 sedan in Texas.,,makes me wonder?

The car has been gone long enough to have a lot of changes,,,I'm just thinking out loud! HRP

19. cracker head

cracker head

Great minds think alike...

20. flathead okie

flathead okie

I had a T-Bucket with Corvette rear and tube axle up front. No issues what so ever on the handling.

21. Mad gear

Mad gear
    from Texas

The car has been sitting in this spot for at least 30 years. Not stolen. Has title! Not sure what year vett the rear came out of but think it is 60s to 70s. He is asking 15. It is in a shop were you will have to move years of junk to get it out. No patch panels all good steel. Roof has not been hacked.

22. 15 is a bargain for a car with a title and no patch panels. HRP

23. Mad gear

Mad gear
    from Texas

The guy wants 15 for the car. I have to help him move a 32 coup,31 roadster pickup, 32 2dr sedan, 32 1ton dually, and a 31 model a out of the shop he sold. The 32 2dr sedan I am looking at is barried in there too. Could take a few days to get to!!

24. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

If it has an independent rear, it is not the stolen sedan......unless it has a chrome dash.

25. Mad gear

Mad gear
    from Texas

No chrome dash and yes I know this car has been there since before I was born.

26. Is that 32 close to New Braunfels?

27. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Hey guys ----any update on this car/deal?