Register now to get rid of these ads!

model a chop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coopsdaddy, May 3, 2013.

1. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Dont chop anymore

2. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

It's chopped 5.5,I know everybody's got there opinion and i wanted some input from guys that have been there.
    I love Hilton's coupe,it's chopped 6 inches I think,and the green granade has always been a big insparation,thanks for the input.
    Quinton

3. looking at a car from outside and looking outside form the car are very different things. If you notice many first builds are extremely chopped but usually the next ones are more mild

4. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

I like chopped cars, I like radically chopped cars, but I'm kind of lazy, and if I had your car, I would be very happy with it the way it is right now.

5. Bluedot

Bluedot

I'd vote leave as is. You might get a good driving position with seat mount mods, but that won't help visibility. Mine's only a 4" chop,, I'm 5'6", so my fit is fine, but the reduced visibility bugs me some, especially when changing lanes.

6. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

+1 to this comment.

+3" to the pillars. :rolleyes: :)

7. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Having worked on an driven a number of chopped rods,I've grown to hate the look when done more then about 3in. on Modal A's and about 6in. on T's,no matter how cool you think that cartoon look is,it an't good to drive and if you can't drive it for long runs,ya screwed it up! Lots of over chopped rods get sold cuz that's EZer then fixing it and addmitten your misstake when ya over cut it.
    Very low chops are fine on race cars that only see the track,but on the street beside being very uncomforible there far more likely to get into a crash cuz ya can't see good ether,stupid is not tad. yet evadently will be in 10-years from rat stuff I see,hell it must be to some now..

8. Smokeshow

Smokeshow

Leave it... Looks good where it is at.