Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not a gasser and not in a barn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vetteracer, May 3, 2013.

1. Gday all, I have a 59 Corvette and it has been a quarter mile car all of its life. It has never been street licensed or seen a city street. It does not have a solid front axle and never will. Does this mean that even though it campaigned all through the "gasser wars" it isn't a gasser?

Ms

2. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Pictures would help .... to get your answer IMO.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

depends...Does it have a moon tank in the grill opening?? Faux spindle mount wheels??? WWW pie-crusts??? ;):D

4. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Did it run on GAS or ALCOHOL? What CLASS was it raced in? Could have been run as a Modified Sportscar for all we know...

5. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It probably ran Modified Production, didn't it ?

Don

7. In the Golden Era of the Gasser wars it would have been a Modified Sports Production (MSP) although some ran Modified Prodctuion as well (MP). Eventually the NHRA melded the MSP class into the Gasser ranks before doing away with that class as well. And there were a hell of a lot more true Gas Class racers with stock suspension than axles, but the Axle cars got (and continue to get) all the glory

So lets see this mystery car!

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  8. G'day, We are not really sure what it ran as we bought it from an estate. It ran in the Missouri area, on gas, and had a small fuel tank in the trunk. It was found in a warehouse and is still sitting in a warehouse. Will post pictures if I can figure out how to.

9. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

There were (are) many classes in drag racing...The gas class was just one of them

10. Sounds interesting, let's see it.....

11. badshifter

badshifter

How would any of us know the history or classification of your car based on this information?

I say it's a mud bogger.

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Gotta love a car that was a drag car all it's life. How many miles are on it ?

Don

13. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

14. G'day, When we picked the car up it had a 5" morose tach and a couple of auto meter pro comps. After getting it home we started going through all the boxes of stuff and there we found a complete gauge pod with all perfect gauges. There was less than smile on the odometer. There were a ton of other parts deemed unnecessary for racing too.

The car not only gas heater and radiator delete but the windshield wiper stuff had never been installed either. There are no holes for the wipers either. THe front valance had no holes for turn signals although this had to be changed when someone destroyed the valance on a trailer. It even has oversized rear fiberglass tubs.

I am stuck using an IPad as my computer has failed so pictures will be delayed. Maybe it was a mud runner but I do not think so.

Ms

15. indyjps

indyjps

sounds interesting, I'd like to see more on it, pics, it will help HAMB members run down history.
    On a similar note I know of a guy in Indianapolis(friend of friend) that has a 62 vette that was a race car since day 1, its been run every year and updated to current look, Im trying to get some vintage pics of it.

16. 61 chevy

61 chevy

if its stock, then I guess its not a gasser