Register now to get rid of these ads!

The HAMBIGRAM in BETA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 3, 2013.

1. Sin7

Sin7
    from Wylie TX

anyone else use instagram so much you start double tapping pictures in forum threads? lol

2. daddio211

daddio211

Anyone else looking at this thread on their smartphone and keep double-clicking the photos to like them? Ugh, I have issues. :eek:

[EDIT]: Sorry sin7, guess you're not alone! Didn't see your reply until after I posted... LMAO

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

3. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

I have been waiting for this since I started my IG account!!! Hopefully this grows into something AWESOME!

4. bonesy

bonesy

Instagram, along with the HAMB, is one of the very few spots I visit daily.

I dig the hot rod visuals, without all the commentary. I'm just a visual guy.

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

There goes the Neighbourhood.........

6. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

So, do the pics fall off the page as others are loaded? do they go somewhere else that is visible?

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Unfortunately, they do. Instagram will not let me pull any more images via their API. So, that's one problem I face. And, of course, Instagram doesn't allow you to search via tags through their website. It's very limited.

Ideally, I want to do one of a couple of different options in the next few of months. But I'm not sure I wanna reveal/commit to either right now.

8. Firepower71

Firepower71
    from Atlanta

Great idea, I'm in! Ryan I feel the same way about fbook and instagram.

9. thunderplex

thunderplex

...OK. I just created an Instagram account. How/when do I add the #HAMB? I don't know shit about about any of this stuff. I am however, using my Droid and the tjj app to send this. No bad for a 66 year old fat fingered old school car guy.

HELP!!!!!

Just think, I remember when it was really cool when my parents had a land line telephone that wasn't on a party line.

...this message was born in the back seat of a Greyhound bus, ...rolling down highway 41.

10. rld14

rld14

Hold on a few mins... Ill put a tutorial together with pics..

11. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

...admit it, #ratrod is your favorite one :)

12. rld14

rld14

Ok,

Here's how to do it. I'm using an iPhone 5 but the android apps look to be about the same.

First, open the app and click on the camera button. You can either take a pic or upload a pic already on your phone. I'm gonna upload a pic for this.

[​IMG]

Once ya select a pic this screen comes up. I arrange it, you can zoom in and out to crop it. Then tap NEXT

[​IMG]

Next screen lets you edit the pic, change effects, add borders. I almost never do except once when I was drunk. So click on NEXT again.

[​IMG]

Now this is where ya tag your pic and type about it. You'll see the hash tags that I used here for this T-Bird. The ones with the # mark. Remember, no punctuation or spaces!

#thunderbird is good. #thunder bird won't work. #hamb works but if you type #h.a.m.b. it will turn to #h

If you want to tag someone in the image just type an @ symbol and their username.

My username is wsweismann so if someone wanted to tag me in this image or bring it to my attention they'd type @wsweismann

Ok, back to posting the pic... Tap "SHARE" and this is what ya get..

[​IMG]

Hope this helps :)

Oh, and I didn't think this car really fit all that well with the #hamb tag...

Bill

13. Great Idea, love the pics so far.

14. thunderplex

thunderplex

...thank for the tutorial!!!

...this tjj message was born in the back seat of a Greyhound bus, ...rolling down highway 41.

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My tin foil hat won't let me link to anything connected to facebook.

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Pic of the day so far.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1367627560.990305.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

do you at least get to see them all? or do you have to try to keep up too?

i suppose we can all see them all on IG. but yeah. anyway.

18. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I think it's cool. I'm a visual guy and Instagram is right up my alley.
    I post the occasional progress pics of my projects as well as other childish crap but at 43 I've earned that privilege :) Casny is my handle.

19. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

vVvVv
    Exactly what he said......But will never Facespace or Tweet!

20. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

Great idea! I am trying to take more pics of the cool shit I come across. I will add the the hamb hash from now on!

21. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Bill Thanks for the walk through.I started an account after I read this thread earlier today but Didn't get past my name Estereddie.

22. I for one think this is a great idea. I use Instagram daily, I've actually already found a bunch of guys from the hamb on there and its so cool, no drama or bs just pictures of cool cars and build progress. I also feel it has a much more welcoming and broad minded community of users than most places.

23. rld14

rld14

Eddie, glad it helped! It's fun once ya get used to it.

24. flamingokid

flamingokid

I don't get it.....

25. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Yeah gonna take a bit to get use to. But I take pictures at my work everyday so this should be cool. Gotta get with the times. Ha !thanks again

26. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

Instagram is the best social media ever. I can only hope facebook doesn't destroy it. Looking forward to it Ryan!

27. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Your comments on Facebook are interesting and I find myself agreeing with you.

I also feel Facebook is very intrusive and I do not like most of their policies regarding who controls and owns most everything you post of their site.

I joined face book at the request of my daughter who thought it would be a good way to stay in touch but I really have never liked it and find I am also sorry I ever started using it.

It seems everyday someone contacts me about the benefits of social media and using either Twitter, I Google, Facebook, LinkedIn or some other means of reaching more potential customers for my business.

I have resisted to this for a number of reasons.

The decals I sell appeal to people in between the ages of 45 and 80 years old and who are either using a computer or learning to use a computer.

I am old school in many ways even though I love computers and technology and I answer all the phone calls at my business everyday and when I ask people if they use Twitter, Facebook or other forms of social media the answer seems to be NO!!

For this reason I do not use social media sites to promote my business.

If the my customers were in a different age group I would consider using social media.

The reason many of us are self employed and own our business is because we believe in doing things a certain way and we follow a moral compass that we believe in.

Just my opinion. Jim Hill

28. autobilly

autobilly

All new to me, looks interesting.

29. don daddyo

don daddyo

I'm in for it !!!

30. I think it's a great idea. The only instagrams i follow is a couple of guys from the hamb that don't do their weekly postings anymore (clutchpoppers). I have to sort through a bunch of crap just to find that anyway.