Register now to get rid of these ads!

Joe Smith Early V8 and Hot Rod Open House

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -JoeSmith-, Apr 29, 2013.

1. -JoeSmith-

-JoeSmith-

[​IMG] We are having our 4th annual Open House on May the 4th in our new location. We'll have free food and drink while supplies last. We fed about 200 last year and we plan on doing the same again this year.
    It's always a pretty mellow event. Everyone is welcome. We don't do trophies or burn out contests, but we always have some really nice cars come by for the event.
    Dave Russell, Dr.Ussell, D-Russ here on the HAMB did another killer design for us this year. (Thanks Dave)There will be shirts, posters and merch for sale.
    I'm pretty excited about the new location and what we are building here in Richmond, VA. There is a pretty strong sense of community in central VA that is getting stronger with every car that hits the street. Richmond is a tough town to classify as a scene though. I think that is one of the things that I like about our Open House. It brings out all sorts of cars and all sorts of people hat you won't necessarily meet at the local cruise ins. The punk rock kids that grew up on Grace St are now moms or dads that are building some cool stuff. They are parked next to the investment banker that have restored their Grandpa's old convertible. And he is parked next to a young lady that finished bagging her pick up while most of us were talking about what we were going to do. There will be bikes from three different continents. Good conversations and good times to be had. So come down and check it out. Bring your friends, family and next door neighbors. Everyone is invited and everyone is welcome.

2. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Doug,A few of us from HamptonRoads Area are planing on being there.....

3. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I am actually wearing one of your shirts right now. Weird.

4. looking forward to my second time at the event..

5. Hot rods and food? Wouldn't miss it!

6. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Wow. I so wish I could be there. One of these days.Dave - great job on the design. I love it.

7. StrickV8

StrickV8

Maybe I can make the 5th Annual....

8. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Apparently Dave will be hoarding all of the condiments. If I was able to attend, I would probably bring my own condiments.

9. Next year. Yeah- that's the ticket... Next year.

10. onedge

onedge

Sounds good have fun!

11. Great turnout Doug ...Thanks for the burger and chips, good to see Big John and Lea.. , The hampton crew, the Richmond crew and the Northern (twinkey crew..Dan)...and other friends I haven't seen in a while.. Anyway I had a great time ...

12. Smokey2

Smokey2

"Have you Stroked your Flathead
    Lately?"

13. Did anyone take any pictures?....Please post'em.