Register now to get rid of these ads!

57 Chevy, Dude! build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy57dude, Mar 13, 2013.

1. hotrod brice

hotrod brice
    from molino,Fl.

Keep it going dude! You deserve it. Class act right here folks.

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

3. No photo, but Carlisle was good to me. Now have a pair of aluminum heads for the big block. Was seriously tempted to use the ultra rare Z16 Chevelle 425 HP heads I stumbled across last year. But, they are going to end up on someone's restoration. Gotta raise $ for an 8-71! Front end is lined up and car is in final blocking.
    Brice - glad the 283 is up and running. It never failed to bring me home.

Toqwik likes this.
  4. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

BITCHIN !!! Chris

5. Philroy

Philroy

I always forget to ask for an update on the 57 in our talks. That being said, how is the body man coming along???

6. Philroy - Thanks for the bump. Well, it remains in paint jail till my pal works out his personal issues or I go get the car & turn it over to someone else. Yeah, I'm pissed.
    It's ready for final blocking, too. Somehow this will all come together before spring.

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Good luck I hope it does.

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

9. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

10. Thanks for the bump - ok, the car is in the hands of another painter who is working on it now. Final blocking and it is ready! Carlisle yielded a good set of front inner fenderwells. Anyone price new ones? $700ish ! Found a really nice set of originals for $275. Now to cut holes in 'em for the fenderwell headers. Cool thing is, one has a bullet hole in it. It stays. Tow tabs on the frame now, probably won't flat tow it much. Pictures as soon as color goes on!

11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

12. It sounds like an awesome project- I don't see any pics though. I guess I'll subscribe and see if it's a glitch?

13. 4 speed - thanks, check my album for the photos so far.
    Enloe! Family hot rod man right there folks!
    Started worrying that the side pipes are gonna cook the paint off the rockers, so I picked up the stainless rocker moldings. Also a set of the Danchuck mirrors. Painter wants all holes drilled before paint. The peep mirrors I bought years ago just don't seem big enough to actually use.

14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

15. Well, it can be said that paint is actually on the car. The dash and roll bar are painted. Getting very excited and antsy. Old guy named Rock in Maryland is my main supplier for tri 5 parts. He has a contact who is experienced at putting the glass in these cars. So I'm gonna plunk down for all new glass and have it put in. That's going to kill the cash for a while!

16. Philroy

Philroy

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1409771945.523943.jpg

So, I was asked by my good friend Steve (chevy57dude) to bump his thread to the top with this "sneak peek" picture from this morning. This being the culmination of approximately 30 years of his blood sweat and tears, I'm honored to have been asked to do this. All I can say is from just this picture alone, I've never seen a cooler paint job on a 57, including any of mine or my family's. So, here ya go!! Eat it up and go crazy fellas!! He promises to post more pics soon, and I'll hold him to it!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  17. Looks good.

You are almost there

18. belair

belair

Love the color.

19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

what's happening?

21. Thanks for the thread bump Enloe!
    After the crazy mad thrash this summer to get it painted, I had to get back to work, money was gettin' low! The car is assembled, all the side stainless is on and I'm buying chrome. Danchuk has the best stuff, got my rear bumper and tail lights from them last week. Near as I can figure, if you measure all the chrome on the car for length and divide by 2 for an average width, it's about $100 per foot. Your results may vary. Got some pix to post up - Stand by!

22. Looks great, love the color. Waiting for pics!

23. Even more monumental than paint is the fact that my technologically deficient ass was able to figure out (sorta) a new phone and post a picture!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  24. Well....that looks good...don't it ? ! Love me some '57 ! Nice work man.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Man that is too cool. Will it be on the road this coming Summer?

26. Thanks guys! Yes, I have the winter to straighten out the details, get the glass set, and wire up the dash. Then I will awake the big block from it's long slumber. Jalopy Showdown, York and the Revival are what I'm living for at this point!

27. After never being out of primer, that's great to hear. You too, BTW!