Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yellow jackets invade car interior!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beachbum jim, May 2, 2013.

1. Attached Files:

2. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

3. Cheese and Rice! :eek:

4. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I need the front and rear glass out of that trifive! :D

5. I think I'd just have to burn those cars......

6. MRpants

MRpants
    from pea ridge

Holy crap.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Adran

Adran

You read the description? They apparently abandon the nest every year, so all ya really gotta do is wait them out, thank God.

Still might be terrifying cleaning that nest out of there, empty or not. :eek:

8. malibumonte78

malibumonte78

Wow that is crazy! I could use that Bel Air steering wheel, but would hate to be the guy that pulls it!

9. QuarterLifeCrisis

QuarterLifeCrisis
    from NY

Insanity. The first words that came to mind were "flame thrower".

10. Flame thrower?!!? They should burn down that whole forest!!!!

11. Aaaggghhhh!!! Bees!!!!!

12. 1pickup

1pickup

The photographer has bigger balls than I do. I wouldn't get that close, or stay long enough to snap a picture.

13. Teal32

Teal32

A Yellow Jacket is faster than a John Deere. I know this for a fact.

14. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

5 hot cans of carb spray right after dark should do it.

15. That photo is unbelievable. Must be faked or from some south american jungle. I've never seen a hornet's nest larger than say a Canadian sized football. The queen must be 3 feet long.

16. big M

big M

I hauled in a '63 Fairlane wagon about seven years ago on a cool day from a repair shop in Sacramento. The owner said it had a wasp nest in it, which is nothing exciting. Once I got back here and unloaded it with the diesel forklift, whose vibrations must have stirred them up, I found it was more than just paper wasps. The ashtray in the back of the front seat looked like a yellowjacket airport, coming and going. I and a buddy got up courage late that night as it was a chilly evening in November, and cut the vinyl from the back of the seat. The nest was the entire length of the seat, and nearly two feet high. It took three hours of spraying them with old gasoline to finally do them in. They will not fly in the darkness, only in the light.

Not something I would want to find on a regular basis!

---John

17. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Repost,thanks for posting your email.

18. That was first posted here and went viral online several years back.

19. That's one way to get a good buzz...

20. cracker head

cracker head

and a zero turn Kubota mower.....

21. Looks like a scene out of "Aliens"!

22. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Bet the pics where taken with a zoom lense

23. jesse1980

jesse1980

That's just plain out ridiculous.

24. 62rebel

62rebel

my first car (O/T) came from up in the mountains in Virginia, and had been sitting beside a barn for probably five or six years.... we had it towed home, about ten miles, and when my Dad and i started to clean it out, we heard all KINDS of buzzing in that damn thing... we backed off and started looking for the source(s) and found paper wasps, bumblebees, and all kinds of weird winged shit flying in and out of it. we waited until dark, duct taped all the vents, door gaps, cowl, etc except one door, tossed in one of those lockdown bugbomb spray cans and let it sit all night.... next morning, the car was ALMOST silent. we stripped the tape off and started taking out the seats, carpets, etc etc.... there were hundreds of dead and dying wasps and bumblebees, spiders, all kinds of shit including a half dozen gassed mice.....

worst one for wasps was a rusted out '60 Fairlane a guy gave me for hauling away... the tow driver cussed me out when he dropped it off.

25. Somebody just posted this earlier in the week.

26. nope. no way. F that. not worth it.

27. TERPU

TERPU

That is a brutal truth. Ever tried Ground Hornets?

Even faster. I was naked as a Jaybird by the time I reached the water trough trying to give them enough clothes to throw them off. I hate Wasps. Bees are ok, Wasps not so much,

28. TERPU

TERPU

You need to go to Texas and look into old abandoned House walls. I've seen yellow jacket wasps fill up two to three stud bays full. Yep another trip running while throwing off clothes trying to evade them. I hate Wasps.

Tim

29. afaulk

afaulk

Yup and they're faster than a Massey Ferguson too, but they're not faster than this old man. Several got me before I got off the tractor but when I hit the ground, I put it in overdrive! Went back a little later and burned the bastards out, along with about a half acre of pasture lol.

30. SloppyEggs

SloppyEggs