Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Thank You (Hambandys Dad)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dunnie, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Well, I first read this, the night it was posted, but I was too teared up to reply. Thank You, Dunnie, and thank all your family, for sharing your fine son, with us all. He will be in our memories forever, because he touched our hearts, like no other ever can. Please log on whenever you need a chat, you'll always find a friendly bunch, ready to share some time with you here.
    29Bowtie
    Don F.

2. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Thank you for sharing Andy with us all. I keep a picture of him next to my desk and now have added your post to it. We will never forget.

3. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Your son is in HotRod heaven now enjoying HIS very own 32 Coupe. The Good Lord is in the passenger seat praying that Andy will slow down. God Speed Andy

4. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

WOW.........My prayer's are with you and your family.

5. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

i havent cried in ages, but this post brought me to tears. RIP little Andy. you will be John Milner to me, always.

6. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Dunnie, I read the start of this thread when you first placed it, I could not respond because I was too upset, I admire your courage for writing it and sharing your hurt with us. I too keep a photo of Andy that was published in OLD AUTOS NEWSPAPER, I love his smile and determination. He is an inspiration for me when I think I have troubles, I tell his story to all who will listen because I believe he brought all good HAMBERS just a little closer. God Bless you and your family and you must be proud of your little HAMB ANDY. Larry

7. PoPo

PoPo

I tried read this before but got choked up and had to stop. well tonight was the night I am home alone and I wanted to read it. I shed some tears as I imagined being you sir and watching what you have and did daily. I respect Andy for fighting the good fight, but it takes one hell of a man to be there for his son through EVERYTHING. Andy is a legend here on the HAMB and the HAMB is only better because of him. He is the SUPER MODERATOR now. He is here for every key stroke and every picture that gets posted. Thank you ANDY and we all have you in our hearts and thoughts.

8. Dave50

Dave50

WOW Thank you to everyone who helped ANDY!!! Thank you to his Father and Family. This kid was cool!! Cooler than Milner and I would have liked to have known him. R.I.P. HAMBANDY Bang those gears and rattle those pipes!! You where a earth shaker Man!!

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  9. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Thanks for bringing this thread up again, just the other day I was looking at my photo of "HAMB ANDY" and drawing my annual dose of inspiration. He was fighter and is in better place now. Thanks Andy.

Attached Files:

10. Dave50

Dave50

It`s the least I can do i wasn`t on the HAMB when ANDY was or when he passed and his story touched me tremendously. There aren`t many kids like that out there if any. I have been thinking of having ,y 15 y/o read the post on Andy.. And it goes to show the Hamb used to be like that and still is but you have to look for the people and threads etc alot of new meat... Glad he inspired you aswell, IK he did many here and in his own world. Just makes remember life gets cut short and things could be worse.One of my favorite sayings and thoughts (You gotta BELIEVE!) everything happens for a reason. In this cae Andy is in a better place. Does anyone know what his parents did with his car?

11. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

You know, i was just looking at my HambAndy plaque the other day and smiled in a heavy hearted kinda of way. I never met the man but man, what an attitude. Made me just appreciated things a little more. It was a blast to follow the build thread and to see his enjoyment from it.

Legends never die.

12. johnnyvees

johnnyvees
    from sunland ca

Wow not a dry eye in my shop i just wanted to thank you for sharing Andy with all of us and i am very sorry for your loss.

God Bless you and your Family

13. ezdusit

ezdusit

Every time I wear my HAMBAndy shirt, I'm reminded of his courage and how he inspired the whole HAMB community. We were all saddened by his loss and inspired by his life. Rest well, Andy.

14. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

The car is very well looked after by Hambandys family and is always kept in running condition etc.
    It gets driven or displayed now and then in Andys memory, just as it should be.

unclescooby likes this.
  15. Not around a lot
    first time seeing this
    Wow all choked up
    God Bless You and your family

16. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks hackerbilt Good to hear that i was hoping thats what had happened. I am sure they have some enjoyment knowing he would be happy to see them enjoying it.

17. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wore my HAMBANDY get well cruise shirt the other day, matter of fact. I'm proud to have met him. I think of him a lot.

18. .

" A life remembered , is a life not lost "

R.I.P HambAndy .

19. So true.-MIKE

20. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I meant to ad this photo on the above post

Attached Files: