Register now to get rid of these ads!

34 Ford commercial headlights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff J, May 1, 2013.

1. Jeff J

Jeff J

The 34 Ford commercial headlights have a bigger bolt hole and a bigger round ball mount and will not fit on my 32 Ford frame stands.( The Aluminum aftermarket stands ones for 7"sealed beam headlights). So look on line and found a couple places that make them for &60.00 plus freight . Ok forget that . Had a reducer for pipe and it kinda fit so lets modifiy that and that's what I did and it works ! 1st pic show the reducer pipe 1/2' to 3/4" . 2nd pic is on the lathe turning it down, ( i did do one years ago on the drill press and a grinder ) 3rd pic checking for fit on the light as had to turn the inside for the round ball mount . 4th pic shows the 34 commercial light on the 32 frame mount with the spacer .

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Jeff J, I like your idea. My project is Chevy, but this gives me an idea for fabricating my own headlight stands. Another fender less Truck with sealed-beams /buckets. I had been wondering just how to make it to fit the round ball mount. Thanks, Jeff

3. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

OK, looks cool!

4. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

5. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

That headlight stand is not for 32 or 34 headlights its for the hot rod style 7" sealed beam head lights. They mount at a different angle than the Fords. Good idea for your conversion.

6. Jeff J

Jeff J

Thank You ! It was in my mind but my fingers didn't type it in ! There on strike again against each other !!!:D

7. onedge

onedge

8. Jeff J

Jeff J

Got them all done and painted, Now just waiting for my pinstripper BRETT where are you ??????