Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Sign painters on radio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nickleone, May 1, 2013.

1. nickleone

nickleone

That title sounds stupid.:p
    Yesterday on NPR,TALK OF THE NATION.
    http://tinyurl.com/c22v2c2

Listen to the interview and call in people.
    Short Vimeo at the end of the page.

Nick

2. That really struck a chord with me as I relived my youth as an apprentice to the sign trade. My personal mentors Frank Sewell, Russ Hunter and Doug Price were true sign writers in the greatest sense of the word.

3. smitty city

smitty city

i recognized at least six of those people in the video, anyone who has ever been to a letterheads probably will too, the video is so cool.

4. neondv8

neondv8

i had one of the guy's(Sean Barton) in that paint logo & services on my van. sign painting is in an up swing. being in the sign business i love to see that

5. Good spot. I have an exerpt from the documentary that I got from Keith Knecht at his "going away" party just before he died.It is the full length interview they did with him that I believe was edited for the film.RIP my friend.

smitty city likes this.
  6. The Bronze

The Bronze

I picked up a copy of the book because the trailer looked so good. Interesting read, a series of short profiles with plenty of examples of the work of the profiled painters, bloody good value at $25. Can't wait for the movie to be released.
    http://papress.com/html/book.details.page.tpl?isbn=9781616890834

I love how so many of these guys were itinerant, just moving from place to place with a box of paint, real characters.