Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi Y'all from Knoxville!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Fred the Car Guy, May 1, 2013.

1. Fred the Car Guy

Fred the Car Guy

I'm new to the area & I didn't know the Jalopy Journal or the HAMB existed until I attended The Rat Rod Rumble @ Knoxville Dragstrip this past Saturday. I drove my 26 T coupe(500 Caddy,4spd). It Rained. & then it rained some more. I built my car to Drive. I met others there who drove theirs too. No Wipers, No Windows, No paint! Real Hot Rodders! Very Bright people... Scroungers, Master Fabricators,Innovators& Artists. Guys I'd be proud to call friends. The Flagger Drags rained out ( I came to Race too) but I had a Great time & even got an award for "Liquid Inspiration ". Please support these events!!!

2. Malfavon55

Malfavon55
    from SD. CALI

hey whats going on welcome to the hamb i live in san diego ca and are moving to murfreesboro tn in late july and wanting to know about some car shows later on in the year

3. Fred the Car Guy

Fred the Car Guy

I understand there is a big ( for TN ) cruise in Pigeon Forge (Sevierville ) a couple of times during the Summer. Thousands cruise & line the sidewalk for a five mile stretch. Used to be called the Grand Rod Run & I think it's now " Rod Run @ Pigeon Forge" I'm goin to the next one! I'm a native Southern Californian (Barstow) but I'm really diggin Knoxville. Spent 25 yrs in Albuquerque NM. I'm tired of desolate wasteland. Old Cars are alive & well around here!

4. Hey Fred, welcome to the looney bin. What part of Knoxville. I'm in East Knox Co.

Wish I had gotten out to the RRR last week, weve been to all but two counting last weekend. I'd love to see your 500 caddy/4 speed coupe. Maybe we'll run into each other at the Nats South at Chillhowee Park this weekend. You should come out to Barillaro Speed Emporium's Open House Saturday May 4th. <<<link It should be a blast.

Hey, some friendly advice, lurk around here and get the lay of the land before you post too much. Anything to do with Rat Rods is pretty taboo. Actually the focus of this place is pretty narrow but you can stretch the limits as long as you don't post about rat rods, jeeps, VW's or drier sheets, lol.

5. Malfavon55

Malfavon55
    from SD. CALI

thanks for the info. i would put some more post later on and some pics of my ride

6. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I guess that explains where all the Ratrod guys have been coming from lately joining the HAMB...:D J/K Welcome from South Korea!

7. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Welcome from one t owner to another

8. tbird37821

tbird37821

Welcome to the Hamb. I'm A little bit East of Knoxville. Plenty to do and see around here in East tennessee.