Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official Vintage Torque Fest Thread May 3-4, 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Speed~On

Speed~On

Lil Wayne sings No Worries (Not the greatest tune)

2. Mertaw

Mertaw

Where is everyone meeting up for this parade in the rain Thurs night? At the fair grounds? I don't care if it's raining and pitch black we should be able to tell where everyone is at based on the open headers. Someone let me know where to go.....

3. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The cruise meet time is 5:00 and leaves at 6:00 from McGraw-Hill publishing. It is near the Grand Harbor Resort in the Ice Harbor district.

4. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had to go the Quad Cities last night. I want to make 2 things clear to EVERYONE coming in for Torquefest.

#1 Watch for deer. There were several on HWY 61, one bigger than the next. We need everyone and their rides here safely. <o:p></o:p>

#2 For those coming in from the south on HWY's 151/61/52. It is torn up, narrow, and extremely rough. I was in a new Buick and it rattled my fillings loose. My roadster would have been horrible. Here's what to do:<o:p></o:p>

For those coming in from the south on 151 (Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, etc), turn left at the Filmore Church (Sundown Road.) Take this to HWY 20. It will drop you off in Peosta. From there, the fairgrounds and west end hotels are just minutes away to your right. Continue on Sundown rd thru Peosta and you'll end up on Old Hwy 20 (where the fairgrounds is located.) Drive east for 5-8 minutes.<o:p></o:p>

For those coming from the south on 61/52 (Davenport, South Chicago, etc). Turn left onto Rockdale Rd. Follow that to Kelly Ln (left), then Cedar Cross Rd (left). This will put you onto HWY 20 in the middle of town. The fairgrounds will be west about 5-6 miles. Watch your speed as this is thru town traffic. <o:p></o:p>

Hope to see everyone safe and sound. Don&#8217;t forget about the breakfast meet & greet at Sunshine Family Restaurant on Friday morning beginning at 7:30.

5. Mertaw

Mertaw

Verno you shouldn't buy a beer all weekend! What's your flavor?

6. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Headin out Friday morning.

Any Chicago, suburbanites or passers thru up for a early breakfast? Out near Hampshire on 20, Do you like onions in your hash browns ...?

7. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I probably won't. I'm a cheap date. I get shit faced off of 2-3. :D

8. Mertaw

Mertaw

Well...maybe you shouldnt buy breakfast then. If your directions are any good the old man & I should be there. Look for an old man with a scraggly beard & a half bald 30 something in a McCoy flamed '40. Hope to see you then!

9. iarodder

iarodder

Well... Im on the road at 8 a.m....ish tomorrow, hope the weather doesnt suck too bad. Gotta drive the '49 and the wife is gonna have to follow me in the dialy ride so we have wheels for the weekend.Just watched the 10 p.m. news here and it doesnt sound to good? Oh well, I probably won't be able to sleep tonight...I'm way too excited to hit the road in the a.m.I won't bother to clean it till we hit Dubuque, should roll in around lunch time.:D Park the daily and have the wife hop in the 49 and look for a bite to eat then maybe start cleanin the 49 up.:cool:

10. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

How is 61 further south? I'll have to come all the way from Bettendorf north on 61.

11. Whitetrash31

Whitetrash31
    from Illinois

well its 2:00 am and im loaded with all my vendor junk and im supposed to be leaving at 5:00am.... so my odds of doing much thursday evening are slim...!!!! i still have a 6 hr drive ahead of me.... well swing by my booth and bullshit and check out the interior i built for jeff jones in his killer coupe....well wish everyone a safe trip and lets have some fun....

12. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

headed out in a couple hrs with a couple guys in my club ! should roll in around noon ! snowing where i live , better throw the snow board and ski rope in with the mini bike to pull us around for entertainment !

13. iarodder

iarodder

Well I'm hittin the road in a lil while, as soon as the wife is ready...

14. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I just looked at the radar, holy shit Batman!!!!!!!!!!!

I am leaving here in about 2 hours, see you guys tonite.

B:)B

15. Got the car on the trailer, ready to go, now all I need is the weather to cooperate a little! Can't wait!!!

[​IMG][/URL]

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I just sent John an email to let him know that Jason, and I, from Omaha cannot make it. He was going to drive his FE-powered Model A Coupe and I in my roadster.

With snow on the ground, cold temps, and more snow/rain in the forecast, we decided to call the trip off. Neither of us have car trailers (and wouldn't want to trailer our cars anywhere, anyways).

Sure, we could hop in a late-model and go, but it wouldn't be the same.
    Weather permitting, I will be there next year.

Again, John - very sorry we cannot make it. I hope some of you that read this will help him fill the two indoor spots that he had reserved for us.

Nick

17. Nothing better then driving 700 miles and seeing another hot rodder show up outta the blue to run with ya

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

18. 52stude43

52stude43

we are going to get there one way or another , weather will decide what we bring , got to get there for the auction, looks like some cool stuff and for a good cause:D

19. von zipper

von zipper

Sorry to hear! I was looking forward toseeing the Roadster!

20. 7INCHES OF SNOW HERE TODAY! Time to get outa here n see you guys later!

21. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

Leaving here around 3. Cars loaded up and ready stop by kustom image uhpolstery tent and say hi to mike and I. Jones.....

22. brjnelson

brjnelson

We should be there about Friday noon, with the Heap.
    [​IMG]

23. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Heading up that way after work tonight and setting up my art tomorrow morning after the breakfast hopefully. Looking forward to a great time!!
    **Remember everyone to attend the art auction and bid on some great artwork from the best hotrod artists in the country! There will be some great stuff up for grabs.

24. Master of None

Master of None

Loaded up heading out........after scooping 6in of snow.

25. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No snow here in Dubuque. It's cold and a little damp from this mornings showers but the streets are dry.

26. Master of None

Master of None

That's what I want to hear!:D

27. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I am leaving tomorrow morning and should be there before noon.

28. iarodder

iarodder

just checked i to the hotel made it... a lil wet but we made it. now to gas up n find a bite to eat.Verno i hope your right cause the radar in the room shows it kinda headed towards Dubuque...

29. Tin Can

Tin Can

Leaving tomorrow at around 8. heading down 20 so hopefully will run into some more customs and hot rods on the way

30. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

Leaving tonight after work for my buddies house and then we are hitting the road early in the AM, hope to be there before Noon tomorrow....can't wait to see some cars and meet some of you guys