Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for 53 pointiac parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jleblanc31, May 1, 2013.

1. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

what are some good places to get repo parts for a 53 pointiac cheifton

2. kalthans

kalthans
    from Dallas, TX

3. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

thanks will look into it. any one elsse know where I can get 53 pointiac engine parts specifically for the straight 8 . valves ,a head gasket set and spark plugs.

4. metalman

metalman

I just finish building a 53 Pontiac a couple years ago, not much as far as reproduction stuff for them. I think headlight doors were all we could find that was Pontiac only. Some stuff like outer door handles and window parts interchanged with Chevrolet so that we could get. The one we built was a delivery so the body from cowl back was a Chevrolet, I'm not sure about the Chiefton so check.We ended up spending a lot of time and $$$ looking for and buying good used and nos parts. Good trim is really tough to find. Good luck, they make great cars but you sure don't have the luxury the Ford/ Chevy guys have as far as an aftermarket.

5. metalman

metalman

Oh, I didn't realize you were talking engine parts! Duh, I guess some people keep them stock. Egge would be 1st places I'd look for engine stuff, Kanter's as well.