Register now to get rid of these ads!

OKC show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davidh73750, Apr 18, 2011.

1. davidh73750

davidh73750

This makes me apprecitate this site and our shows so much more. I got this taken off a few minutes ago so I will rephrase it. As I have to say I will gladly be cleansed at Stray Kat 500. NSRA shows I will not attend again.

Hideous. I saw more electric scooter rentals than 3 nursing homes combined and capable people that could walk using them?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Wow, you sure missed the good ones.

3. davidh73750

davidh73750

I was pointing out the opposite of good on here. lol
    Now this one was top 3 sunday am for me

Attached Files:

4. jason65

jason65

Are those mitsubishi tail lights? I just threw up in my mouth a little.:eek:

5. davidh73750

davidh73750

late model 90's cougar tailights or something I believe. yeah its worse than that video a few years ago 2 girls and cup. barf

6. About those Handicap scooters...yes I know it is getting ridiculous at certain events and people ride them to keep from using the tired old feet but hey don't knock the handicap scooters until you know for sure why someone is riding it. A few events I go to will not let you use a scooter unless you have a handicap plaque, which I have.

I'm pretty fit for 54 yrs old and I ride one for a reason...I've got severe diabetic neuropathy (nerve damage) in my feet and legs which is pre-cut-your-foot-off. If you have ever suffered a 3rd degree burn and then had someone touch it, that's how it feels 24/7. Just walking to the bathroom at home is a major chore. I am a bit self conscious when I ride because I know what people are thinking but I will trade places with anyone, anytime.

7. like that '46 ford coupe........

8. davidh73750

davidh73750

Not directed to you Mikey. Talking about guys in their 20's and 30's getting on them. promise. I got my walking in for sure at LSR between the show and congress.

9. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Thank you

10. David73750, thanks man. Your point was well taken and I understand your frustration with people who take the lazy way. On the cars you are 100% correcto. One thing we can learn...cars like that teaches us how not to build a car. The HAMB is our blessing.

I must admit though I got that handicap scooter of mine looking the part with satin black and pinstriping all over it.

Where is Kingfisher? I sold my 37 Chev delivery at LSR and it went to Marlow, OK.

11. Hogride

Hogride

I HAD A BLAST MET A LOT OF COOL PEOPLE SAW A LOT OF COOL IDEA'S ON ALOT OF THE CARS THAT YOU GUYS ARE BASHING. EVEN SOME OF THE QUESTIONABLE ? WTF CARS HAD SOME LITTLE THINGS i LIKED.

12. 1320stang

1320stang
    from Edmond, OK

Rich, you need to bring the Econoline to Coffee & Cars Saturday morning at Penn & Memorial next to Texas Roadhouse. I'm going to be bringing a black '48 that looks almost identical to the '46 above except for the rolling stock. It'll have a for sale sign on it. 302 and a leaky C4.

13. davidh73750

davidh73750

This thread was closed??? Now it's open again ? Odd

14. I loved seeing your econoline there. I just bought a 62 econoline with a 302 swap, but it will need alot of work to look as good as yours.

15. davidh73750

davidh73750

It's 2 hrs straight south of me off hwy 81

16. 1320stang

1320stang
    from Edmond, OK

BTW, Coffee & Cars moved to Northpark Mall for this month. Too many cars showed up at Texas Roadhouse. Im fine with that as Penn & Memorial intersection sucks.

17. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

That there was some scarry shit I dont car who you are.

18. inkstain27

inkstain27

I'm going to go drink heavily now and try to forget I ever saw that. Booze don't fail me now!

19. tjelwood

tjelwood
    from oklahoma

Bad deal is, is that the hideous contraption with the cougar tail lights won a rep pick a few years back.

20. davidh73750

davidh73750

When is that? Yeah bad intersection on both sides of memorial

21. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

We drove 350 miles in a channeled model A, 350, PG, 9inch. Got parked across from the swap meet. Got out and started walking. Checked out the cars I liked, went passed the ones I didnt like . I liked more than I didnt like. Enjoyed the venders and Frankie like the womens world. Ate some car show gutbombs for lunch, then checked out more cars. Saw old friends and may have made new ones. I am a 70 year old guy that just doesnt know any better, I guess. We just love car shows and hotrods. Then 350 miles home, remembering a really fun weekend, and already planning the next trip.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  22. On the scooters, David, let me tell you something...if I had one, you bet your ass I'd been using it, and I'm not that old. Things like arthritis, nerve pain, and heart problems are not readily identifiable to the average person, like an amputated limb or Parkinson's might be. So, don't go knocking the scooters. People use them because they have to. Try going somewhere...anywhere...and having to lug one of those around in a car or a truck, and you'll soon appreciate them for what they are. A way to get around where you might otherwise not be able to.

As for the 20 and 30-somethings using them, have you considered they may be recently-disabled war vets??? Age has nothing to do with the need or desire to get around easier and better.

Your initial comment concerning the scooters was ill-conceived and just wrong. I'm offended by damn near nothing, but that really pissed me off, frankly.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  23. Larry T

Larry T

Kinda with Jerry on this deal.

[​IMG]

:D

24. 1320stang

1320stang
    from Edmond, OK

25. Mikey, and your delivery was on it's way to Alaska a week later.

Attached Files: