Register now to get rid of these ads!

Off Topic Please dont bite! V8 Supercars Texas 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by radgirl, Sep 16, 2012.

1. bridger

bridger

Hay radgirl I guess no one here is going to tell you what's going on in Texas . Forget the v8 superfukenboring follow the leader shit, and go to the loan star round up , we are , can't wait......

2. radgirl

radgirl

When is Lonestarroundup ???

3. ^^^^^ that's funny shit^^^^^^^:D

4. I think the the LSRU is in April..........

5. George

George

And the Hot Rod Power Tour begins in June in Arlington, but he'll be in Tx in July...

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Yup. Usually the first weekend of April.

7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Things to do in Texas mid july:
    Get drunk
    Go swimming
    try to avoid heat stroke
    repeat this process until october

8. radgirl

radgirl

I gave up drinking so I guess it's swimming for me ;-)

9. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

we already have Nascar

10. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

radgirl - if you're coming to Austin, there are a couple small gatherings happening... PM me contact information for an invite/ride...

11. I won't take the time to read every post in this thread....having said that, I drive a Pontiac G8 and have been a V8 Supercar fan for a very long time. Taking the narrow view that there's nothing about that Series that warrants attention on THIS Forum, I would say that NASCAR is a Bore, as is much Roundy Round racing and that the Aussies know how to thrash. If the SuperCars Series doesn't touch you as a "car guy", you're just dead to racing.....Doc Watson.....Seriously? I would pay money to see you race in this Series....I normally don't get jacked by anything said on this Forum, but you have just diminished in my sight. You'll watch it, but not enough to engage in it? I think you're bluffing.....:) Oh that I could arrange a ride for you.....Centurion9

12. BTW, it may not be for you, but the reason we don't have a similar Series in the US is because Racing needs to be supported. We had a small chance at American Road racing in the US sometime ago, and lost it because Car people refused to get behind it....Then again, I differentiate between "Car people" and the average HAMBER....Sometimes you can be so narrow that you cut off your nose despite your face....kinda like Hot Rod guys not "getting" Custom Guys, and back at you......Narrow is ugly.......Centurion9

13. Jagman

Jagman

I'll be there, seats up in the grandstand in turn 1, only 2 weeks to go now and I can't wait!

Plus too and also, CoTA is an amazing track, I'm hoping to find a way to run a few laps on track.....

14. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

Come by Austin Speed Shop while you are in town, mention the HAMB and ask for a tour, we try to keep it in the show room these days because its a pain (and dangerous) having that many people in and out of the shop. But I always want to make sure real car people especially HAMBers feel welcome.

15. There is no racing like those V8SC! Very exciting, very close competition.:D