Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ** Stray Kat 500 / May 3,4 & 5, 2013 / Ron Myers Inspiration Award ceremony

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Apr 1, 2013.

1. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I cannot wait for this show.....only a few more days now

2. mongo51

mongo51

I cant wait. My car is being a little grumpy got to try and fix that. If not ill be bringing my pickup with a few bicycles. Im putting together a bike gathering so eveyone bring your old bikes or kustom bikes. No motorized please. Ill also be helpin mick in any way i can.

3. Just a few days away! I am so glad for nice weather by Saturday! :D

4. Ya, but it looks like Saturday will be the only day I can make it this year.

5. Hope your heater works, looks like a cold one. Hope it doesn't snow.:eek:

6. Dam farmers!!!!!!:eek:;)

7. Looking forward to actually having a car there. I booked the quiet motel again. It will be great to old friends again.
    Later,
    Dick

8. Who you talkin' 'bout????:D

9. Everyone is allowed a hiadis (spelling):D God knows we all have taken them one time or another! Plus always liked seeing the old "Road Kill"

10. The Road Kill is one of two cars I wish I had NEVER sold. It is in good hands, but he has taken it in a different direction. He paid for it, so he can do as he pleases.
    Later,
    Dick

11. o2beme

o2beme

for those of you that dont have a reservation i am driving my hearse sleeps one comfortable, four if you know them well

12. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Heading out in about 3 hours. I will have both of the limited edition posters on hand as well as hats, shirts and even a couple of sweatshirts with me for sale. The plan is to leave the stuff with Doug at the t shirt booth. I hear stories of people backing out due to the weather, what a shame. This is a social event more than a car show, hop in your daily if you must and come hangout with your hotrod/kustom family!

13. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Heading towards Dewey at noon. First time there so I'm looking forward to it. Maybe meet some of you in the flesh. Safe travels.

14. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

So the fairfield/ marriot is the host motel now?

15. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

I know my heater works well,
    my radio conversion has been getting hot and shutting down, it should love the weather,
    and it looks like I might finally find out how well the tops seals.

I'm ready!!!

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We hadn't made that decesion, I will post it as we decide. I love the set up at the
    Best Western. I think it is one of the koolest hotels to host a show. Just need to
    work out some issues. Happy trails, Mick

17. davidh73750

davidh73750

I tightened up my exhaust donuts on the 55 yesterday before 8am since I knew the cold front was coming.(LSR trip they loosened up) Nothing worse than cold, wet wind and under the car sure glad I did it. I think it will clear off and be nice. Looking forward to cooler weather last year was HOT.

18. Willy_P

Willy_P

Heading down tomorrow in the daily driver and looking forward
    to seeing the COOL Merc's of Mick and Drdave! Travis, if the roof leaks drive faster, the Bernoulli effect will do the rest! :)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. I am so totally stoked and ready to hit the road....only 4 more hours of work to go. I 'm actually looking forward to the cooler weather....I don't think I've ever done the Stray Kat with it being cooler than mid 80's. :) Willy, you are too kind to classify my Merc as cool, but thanks. It's cool enough for here in Conway beings how it's the only one in town, but it starts to fade quickly in the presence of other Mercs in the crowd....much like myself, the car knows where it stands in the pecking order of hip-ness. But, we have fun anyhow. LOL

20. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

The sun is out in Salina we'll try to bring it with us!

21. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

Just made the maiden voyage in my model a to the muffler shop, see you guys soon!!!!!

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  22. We will be leaving straight from work tomorrow afternoon, my son is bring his '50 Fordor and I am driving our '58 Apache that has less than 100 miles on a new engine. Too bad the body isn't as nice as the engine.

23. Packrat

Packrat

What's the forecast for Saturday, here it's only supposed to be in the 40s

24. So all right. Here's the deal for you guys that are worried about the chilly weather. If this 71 year old guy can get in his car that has NO HEATER and NO WINDSHIELD WIPERS and drive over 3 hours to do Mickey's show, what the heck are you worrying about. Saddle up and go. See you there. By the way, my wife is also going to ride with me.
    Later,
    Dick

25. davidh73750

davidh73750

an excuse to wear that dickey's jacket one more wk end

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last time I saw the weather it supposed to be in the high 50s and could get warmer when
    the sun comes out. Saturday is two days away so the system has time to get out of here.
    Guys have already started to show up. Looks like we will have another good turn out.

Happy Trails, Mick

27. davidh73750

davidh73750

first time I came to show was 09 and it was cool then. I am hoping this is a sign this summer won't be as brutal as the last 2!

28. MRpants

MRpants
    from pea ridge

I have no heater and no wipers. I'm going.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool to hear guys that drive without wipers. I love RainX! Hadn't had wipers,in years and
    hadn't missed them. When people ask why I run without them, I tell them wipers are not
    kool.... They look at me like I nuts, and I am. Have. A safe trip guys.

30. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amen David, I was we'll done last year...