Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rookie from Reno, NV

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by xXJEGSSXx, Apr 30, 2013.

1. xXJEGSSXx

xXJEGSSXx
    from Reno, NV

Hello all. I'm not new to cars/engines/transmissions. Been a mechanic for quite a few years now. I want to build my first rat, and that I am new to. Looking for advice, and knowledge. Thanks for having me.

Jason

2. Welcome to the HAMB,,HOWEVER We do not do friggin RATS here..

3. xXJEGSSXx

xXJEGSSXx
    from Reno, NV

Don't mean to disrespect but I just saw a dozen or so members with rats... I'm not looking to build a rolling turd, I just like the look of them. I prefer a nice sleeper.

4. welcome to the HAMB

5. They make sleeper rats??. .... I dont understand, maybe baleing wire made from 1/8-inch aircraft cable? ... what makes the rodent a sleeper???

6. xXJEGSSXx

xXJEGSSXx
    from Reno, NV

No sense getting into a pissing match. Good luck to each of you.

7. Veach

Veach

Welcome from Texas

8. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

There is a big difference between a rat and a traditional hotrod I think you are confusing the two, there should be no rats here this is a anti-rat forum. ;)

9. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Welcome from Oklahoma!

10. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Welcome to you. A friendly bit of advice......It is best to not mention rat and/or rat rods anywhere here on the H.A.M.B. If you do not know, there is a great difference between a rat rod and a jalopy. There may be a few rat rods here, I do not recall having seen any that are here for more than a day or so.They are weeded out very quickly. The purpose of this website is to preserve traditional hot rods and customs. The rat rod crew build to create something quite different, even outrageous, and, quite often, cobbled together shitboxes. There's nothing wrong with that. Just as there is nothing wrong with thinking differently that most others. But, not here.

11. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

I think you'll find with little research that what you want to build is a traditional and you're misinterpreting it for a rat rod...