Register now to get rid of these ads!

F100 with CV front end wheel help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gameoverbuilt, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Gameoverbuilt

Gameoverbuilt
    from Oklahoma

I have a 66 f100 that bagged and bodied, with the crown Vic front it's alot wider, anyone know what size and offset I can run without hitting the fenders. Thanks!

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I dont know the measurement but i run stock late model mustang rims. So whatever rim a mustang runs.

Though id like to hear how low you can run your bags and still turn. I dont think there is a lot of room to get too low and have a turn radius

3. Gameoverbuilt

Gameoverbuilt
    from Oklahoma

Do u know roughly what year mustang? Or do u have a pic? Mine is all bagged but I haven't drove it yet, I plan on running it low with the accuair but gotta get the right size wheels. I'm pretty sure u always have to raise it some to turn

4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

late model, I think mine are from an 05. there are pictures of it in my albums.

I get a lot of compliments on my rims, most dont realize they are stock, they really look right on it

5. Gameoverbuilt

Gameoverbuilt
    from Oklahoma

6. Gameoverbuilt

Gameoverbuilt
    from Oklahoma

Your truck has the crown Vic front end swap?

7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

03-08 vic front end, yes

8. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

Ditch the crown vic clip and weld in a early 90s Chevy truck clip, fairly easy install, Lays out good with factory wheels, also parts are cheap and available everywhere

[​IMG]

9. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Never heard of using that setup. Any photos of the frame?

I know others can go lower than the vic, but for the cost and ease of install its tough to beat. I know I sure wont be taking mine out anytime soon, rides too damned nice to fuss with!

10. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

I've never heard of it either, but I had one the was going to scrap, and it also had drop spindles on it, and lots of newer parts, tie rods,ball joints, but I was very pleased with everything with this setup so far, people on the web really push the crown vic install for these, but I think they are really too wide, they are ok for a lowered truck, but if your wanting to lay it all the way out then the crown vic is not the best option

Here's the striped f100 frame and Chevy clip

[​IMG]

Here it is welded in and boxed

[​IMG]

, here's the boxing

[​IMG]

11. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

A little clean up, steering lined out,
    [​IMG]

302 motor in the Chevy clip

[​IMG]

12. supervert

supervert

I run a 6" wider s10 in my f100. It's not bagged but is damned low. I looked at the Vic when I did mine about four years ago, but was way to wide to turn as low as I wanted it.

13. 66juiced

66juiced
    from Austin tx

I have a 66 with crown vic ifs . I put 05 mustang bullets on it , only problem I have is turning sharp the wheels hit the sway bar . Other than that thing rides so nice ..

14. nice job! how does the 2 track widths compare? is the chevy close to stock?

15. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Juiced, my wheels hit the swaybar too. I moved my sway bar back 1/2 inch. they dont hit now, and it still handles great.

16. 66juiced

66juiced
    from Austin tx

Gear head / ill have to try that I was gonna take the sum bitch out . Moving it back Alittle makes sence..

17. Redlighting

Redlighting
    from Tn

................Great job.Can you give me more info on the steering shaft(s) and column.
    I have a front steer gm clip in my 54 f100,I have not got to the steering yet.