Register now to get rid of these ads!

Radiator for my 50 Meadowbrook CC52PLY?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flint52, Apr 30, 2013.

1. flint52

flint52
    from WA

Hello, so i got my 1950 dodge meadowbrook running last weekend and i found out the radiator was leaking and the fuel tank needed to be cleaned. Dropped the fuel tank off and cringed at the quote for my radiator. So i began looking for alternatives, i found the champion CC52PLY radiator and it seems to be for every 49-52 dodge/plymouth/chrysler but it dosent list the meadowbrook as one. Is there a difference in the radiators? or will this bolt in just fine? below is a link to the radiator http://www.championradiators.com/product/CC52PLY

Thanks
    Ryan

2. 35desoto

35desoto

They are almost all the same amongst the MOPAR brands - If it cools a Plymouth it will cool a Dodge - same engine - just a bore or stroke differance but there things were over engineered in their day. Shame you could not save the old one as they look real great with the CDDP logo stamped in them. I got my OT 68 Chrysler one cleaned out 4 weeks ago and it cost $80 NZ and I am rapt and that inc blocking some tubes off so it was not too bad.

3. milner142790

milner142790

I bought the same exact one for my 1953 desoto! They all seem to be the same size. The only thing I had to do is cut the 45* elbow off of the bottom outlet just because of my motor application.. Mine is 2 core and it with a 16inch electric fan keeps my big block 400 at 185* all day long.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. milner142790

milner142790

Sorry, meant to say 3 row.. Champion has the option to but a 2 or 3 row

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. flint52

flint52
    from WA

ok perfect thanks for the help. thought they were the same just wanted to be sure. Im keeping the radiator so i can recore it later. as the alum is less than half of the estimates i got.

6. 1950coronet

1950coronet
    from fontana ca

ive got an original one for sale if needed, it wont fit with the engine swap