Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 55 Belvedere

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ckunsman89, Apr 30, 2013.

1. ckunsman89

ckunsman89
    from cocoa, FL.

Just picked up this beauty yesterday. It is an original Arizona car with almost no rust. I can not believe how solid this thing is. It was originally a v8 car with a 3 on the tree. It has now been converted to a 225 slant six with a 3 speed automatic. It has a forged crank, milled head, mopar performance purple cam, mechanical .460" lift, stall converter, headers, offenhauser intake, mallory distributer, stainless valves, and a sure grip rear with 4.10's. The bad news is the oil pump went south and locked up the crank. The good news is I have a nice clean project to work on!!! I will pull the engine next week and post what I find, hopefully a rebuild, new crank, oil pump, etc. and it will be back on the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

I like it! Good luck!

3. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

Not many of them around

4. studemisfit

studemisfit

Love it! The tint looks alittle weird thou.

5. petew

petew
    from Mebane, NC

6. ckunsman89

ckunsman89
    from cocoa, FL.

The tint is only temp. It is the static cling removable type that was just put on to protect the interior from florida's sun. It will be coming off just as soon as it is running to where I can drive it into my garage.

7. 35desoto

35desoto

I have the Desoto example of one of those - the Canadians produced a s/w for export based on the plymouth body shell but with the desoto grille and side trim.
    Not many of these in any body form survived down under as the plastic headliner allowed the roofs to rot from the inside out. Mine fortunately had a fabric headliner installed some years ago yet it still had one small area under the rear side window that bubbled through. Love the body style - a good example of Virgil Exeners styling.
    Mines getting a 1957 Dodge 325 engine as it looks like an original 259 V8 and bolts up to the original 2 speed auto without any hassles

8. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

what a nice car...

9. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

GM and Ford were 2nd class to this body style. Virgil Exner was the man!!!

10. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

11. william graffia

william graffia

I have a front,rear bumper and grille in very good shape for a 1955 belvedere. A tree fell on the car when I was almost finished with it. I had the bumpers and grill off the car. You can have them free if you want them for a backup.