Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas Hot Rod Reunion Drags - April 27 & 28 Little River Dragway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tripler, Apr 9, 2013.

1. dabixman

dabixman

Hoping to make it on Sunday with my 50 Ford Coupe! Always have a lot of fun racing at LR dragway.

2. tripler

tripler

Accuweather is kinda backing off on their weekend's bad prediction. Looks like you're gonna have a pretty day to come & make some laps with us... Bring your friends - It's looking like it's gonna be a GOOD RACE!!

3. tripler

tripler

I had a '49 Ford Coupe with a big block ford under the dashboard.. Couldn't ever afford a 427 for it when I was in High School - 352 with 390 & 0ld 406 stuff that was layin' around was all I had... Ain't sure but I "think" I saw it at the last race at Little River... Wasn't but about 45 years ago that I traded it off ???
    ...I guess we all do dumb stuff when we were kids... Sold my 55 Crown Victoria for $75 - dang motor was busted...

4. tripler

tripler

..Just had a good afternoon, meeting with Buzz Thompson, veteran drag race announcer & RACE DIRECTOR. Buzz who's called a BUNCH of races around Texas and the southwest has worked with me on quite a few shows. We've been working on the run order for this weekend's Texas Hot Rod Reunion and hopefully have it pretty well figured out..
    ...I've never run a perfect race and if I ever thought I saw one - I probably didn't see what went wrong. - There's just SO MANY variables. After sitting down for several hours working on the RUN ORDER (which classes will be called up when) so that a class will be able to have as much time as possible before being called up again - while all the time trying to keep something going down the track during the race...
    ...There came a time in the conversation that we just had to agree to "play it by ear" after about the 3rd round of each class - 'cause you never know how many of each is going to show up....
    ..The BIGGEST AGREEMENT we shared is the thought - "EVERYBODY HAVE A GOOD TIME"....

5. tripler

tripler

Headin' to the track this afternoon to set up the race Thursday afternoon. The office phone will be relaying messages to us at the track and we'll call back asap. 254-687-9066...
    ...The place looks great - The right lane has had a lot of concrete work over the winter. "It's bitin' like a stepped on rattlesnake". The lights in the shut down are upgraded and the public address system had a bunch of speakers and a new amplifier put in recently as well as getting the track's FM radio station up and functioning.
    ..Bring an FM radio with you and hear all the P.A. Announcements where ever you are around there... Looks like it's gonna be a great weekend... I'm outta here

6. saltracer

saltracer

any word yet? did the weather hold up?

7. saltracer

saltracer

8. tripler

tripler

Matter of fact - the weather DID NOT rain the show out. Had a full race Saturday & A full race Sunday with a GREAT BAND and a DRAG STRIP GIRL contest Saturday Night.... We all had us a pretty good TIME...

9. Bobjoe

Bobjoe

Doc, Cool news. Jb and I had some family thangs going on. Heard it was a great time. We are at Denton this weekend if you are up in time. That's this Sunday. Maybe cya at Yellow Belly.

10. Oh my gosh.....I thought my engine exploded on the return road:rolleyes:, now I find out it was a full moon during the day:eek:....sooo perplexing.....hahaha

Doc, as usual, had a great time with y'all....looking forward to Yello Belly:D