Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Model AA Inspiration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rat.Racer, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

I just did a quick chop, cut, and paste in Paint to come up with an idea for what I want my '30 AA to look like. I know this is a '28/'29 but it'll give you an idea. This is going to be chopped, fenderless, hiboy, and I cannot determine what kind of bed to put on it yet...
    [​IMG]

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Here's a pix of my 27 before the bed went on. Some folks thought I should just make it an ultra low flat bed, or stake truck. I may, some day. I've also thought of a mini-moving van version with the extended box over the cab roof. There would be just enough room inside for a dinette / captain's bed, frig and TV, just the place to hang if it's raining at the event you are at. Gary

Attached Files:

3. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

You really need to be sure how you are going to be comfortable/fit into one of these cabs when chopped.
    They dont have a lot of room and the 30/31 cabs are slightly smaller space wise than the 28/29.
    That is not to say visually it looks great...

4. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

Your truck looks great. I'm not too sure what to do with the bed yet, there are tons of different options. I'm hoping that once I take the cab off I can find out what it was originally and take it back to that. But, we'll see how it goes. I'll have more pictures to follow in the next few weeks when I go get 'er....

5. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

Thanks for the advice. I will look at comfort when I decide to chop. I'm 6'2 so if I can chop a little I may, if not then I won't. I'm definitely going to play around with seat height, chop, etc to make it work for me. At most, I have a plan to deviate from...

6. gastruk

gastruk
    from minnesota

A wood frame from a box mattress is a good start the corners are already rounded .

7. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

I ran into some similar issues with mine.

I wanted fender less but wanted to retain the T-ish antique look and feel for my ride. After studying several early truck beds and T accessory beds I decided to build my own. It's actually a little longer than stock but fits the tire size and proportions better.

C.

Attached Files:

8. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Older thread, but I have a suggestion. Fan Attic's thread about his old Chevy tow truck has me thinking that a body width wrecker style bed (no boom) might look cool with a long wheelbase.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA