Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carlisle Scores-Whad "U" Get ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldmics, Apr 25, 2013.

1. What did you guys find at Carlisle so far?

Heres what I found today. Fuckin HENS TEETH :eek:

Oldmics

Attached Files:

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A little sunburn and a $265.00 alternator bracket, if you figure in expenses...............

3. I got a decent set of Edlebrock valve covers for the y-block. And a timing pointer!
    RB

4. ctfordguy

ctfordguy

A Flat Head Dip Tube & Stick. Other Shit I didn't need. Every year I wonder why I go but I do. I must just be cazy
    Bruce/CT

5. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

An old drill press, a kick-ass heat gun, and a couple of new small tools. Also met up with a few HAMBers. Only was able to go on Wednesday though. Looked for a few other HAMBers, but their spaces were empty. All in all, a very good day. No rain, no mud, but that hill seems to be getting steeper every year!!

6. rld14

rld14

Holy shit. Are those what I think they be??????

57 dual quad 312, right?

Those are hens teeth dipped in rocking horse poop! Wow!

7. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I can't take that hill. I have to sit and rest once I make it to the top.

8. Sgt._Grumpy

Sgt._Grumpy

Geezer, it was a pleasure meeting ya, enjoyed our talk!

9. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Same here Sarge. I hope the meet is going well for you. Are you planning to be back for the fall event?

10. Sgt._Grumpy

Sgt._Grumpy

Forgot to post my find, a 2x4 Weiand intake for my 401 nailhead! and I will be back in the fall for sure!

11. _________________________________________________________________

Mercury 57 dual quad 368 engine Nascar setup by Bill Stropp

Rare Rare Rare :eek:

Eventually going on my 57 Mercury 2 door wagon with the dual quad setup.

Oldmics

12. I didn't get to go to Carlisle this year, but I picked up this ECO post mounted Tireflator at a local yard sale yesterday for $250. Also got an old paper towel holder from a service station island and a full case of NOS towels for $30.

Jim

Attached Files:

• ECO.jpg
      ECO.jpg
      File size:
      123.1 KB
      Views:
  13. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

The best and most valuable thing I got at Carlisle was a super rare REV magazine with an article by the world famous JON OLIVER, owner/operator of OLLIES HOT ROD & CUSTOM SHOP. You would never know by talking to him what a celebrity he is, so down to earth and treats a common guy like me like a king. He even signed the article for me! I also scored a nice pair of 57 Caddy caps, stuff for the shop and a bunch of crap I didn't need, just liked. Got about half shitfaced at the Glass Lounge near where we stay up at Harrisburg but thats just part of going to Carlise every spring and the bad group I go with. All in all, a great few days with good freinds!

14. I got to stay home and get a bunch of work done on my '32. :)

15. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

Ditto on the hill comment.

I was there in town on Monday, but couldn't stay.
    I'm going to go back for the fall event.

16. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

didnt buy anything else so just bought a crestliner wheel even though i dont need it

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

17. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Took me about 15 years before I started on the top and worked my way down. Much easier to go to the top with fresh legs.

18. jkeesey

jkeesey

I got cheap 35 ford hubcaps for my A, an air cleaner for my wifes 53 olds, and a bunch of shop supplies. Total $150 for everything including expensive lunch an admission. I can't wait for hershey.

19. tjm73

tjm73

Go to the Northfield in the first thing in the AM and go up the long slow grade side (west) to the top. Then work your way down as others have said. Been doing it that way for over 25 years.

I scored a nice refurbished '66 Bronco all in one instrument cluster for the T I hope to build someday. No pics of the one I bought, but here's what they look like.

Speedo, alt gauge, temp gauge, fuel gauge, oil pressure, turn signal and high beam indicator in one gauge, about 5.75" in diameter.

[​IMG]

20. 5window

5window

I've lost 33 pounds walking and doing 700 steps a day-prepping for a hike to Machu Picchu this summer. First time the hill was ever no problem for me. I wore a pedomter and we logged 10.7 miles just walking from 9-4.

Got a nice Panama license plate,some American wrenches I needed for a buck each saw enough mistakes on cars that i won't be doing on mine-priceless.

21. rld14

rld14

That's right... Lincoln Y block. Doh! I knew that too.

That's a hell of a score! Got pics of the dual quad setup?

22. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

'32 90 speedo, incomplete but with super nice face and rim, '32 taillight...let's see...a rootbeer float...some rusted crap from various 2 for a dollar type places...and a realdamnnice '40 deluxe steering wheel for $35! Almost didn't ask...it was in one of those wretched booths with no prices marked. Leftover money, useless with the show closing down, I donated to the used Snap-on guy for shiny things.
    Olde Ford stuff getting thin on the ground at Carlsle, but there's still enough to keep me walking!

23. I got one of those big ol' polish suasages with the onions and peppers and sauce, and yea you got to just start right on the hill, always found some good deals up there

24. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

A nice pair of '55-'59 SBC Offenhauser valve covers for $40.00, a pair of Cal Custom covers for Pontiac for $15.00, and an open drive 3 speed from an early '50s Ford truck for $75.00 were the highlights, amongst several other pieces. Best weather in the past 5 or 6 Carlisles.

25. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

I have to agree, great weather. I took my son....26 yr old computer programer/hermit. I nearly killed him on the hill after 4 hrs down below. I managed to score some carb kits for the 4x2 I'm building, some motor mounts and a bag of misc shop crap.