Register now to get rid of these ads!

French Flathead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by James K, Apr 29, 2013.

1. James K

James K

Well I put "the cart before the horse", and bought one of the french flathads from SF FLathead. (No shop to put it in yet and no car)

My plan is to work on and learn with two old flatheads I got from my father in law and build the "New" one.

I will do what I can to post pictures and any information I learn. I am new to the flathead game but have dove in head first.

Your input and information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

2. brady1929

brady1929

Good for you. I love the sound of flatheads

3. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Holler if there is anything we can do for ya. I'm no expert like some guys on here but I have had some luck getting them running none the less. I encorage you to check out the early v8 section on the HAMB's sister site " the Ford Barn". Lots of good reading to do as well. Good luck and have fun!

4. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

Hey James! Good to see you on here. As I said before, I am always happy to help answer whatever questions you have down the line. This place is a great resource though and it's never a bad idea to get a couple opinions.
    -Rob

5. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Ran a French flathead block in my Lakester this past weekend at the East Coast Timing Associations Ohio Mile Land Speed Race. In the standing mile on the very first pass I turned 171.89 MPH setting a new record and also turning the fastest run ever by a supercharged gas burning flathead block east of the Mississippi. Built the motor myself if you need any guidance send me a PM when your ready to start building the block. My block also came from SoCal their a great bunch.
    Ronnieroadster

6. Russ Tee

Russ Tee
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Hey James, I'll be rebuilding my first flathead also, I have a 49-53 merc that I'm putting in a 31 model A coupe. I'm about a year away from that phase of the build, so I'll subscribe to this thread...good luck.

7. James K

James K

Just Got the FLathead today. Thanks Rob at SoCal for all the help.

My Camera is dead,.... so, picture later.

I had a setback on Building my new shop today. The County here needs a "Conservation plan" to go with my building Plans... well that process and related mess is 5 grand, which hits me hard so I have some changes to make. Looks like things will have to get smaller. This does however allow me to put more money in the short term into my future RIDE.

I look foward to learning and working here on the HAMB.

Thanks,

James K

8. Im building a french flathead as well. So im open, to all the info i can get.
    Lars