Register now to get rid of these ads!

parts car remorse

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by foolthrottle, Apr 25, 2013.

1. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

I justify it in my mind by telling myself that I am making the rest of the cars and parts worth more to the guys who don't do what I do.

2. castirondude

castirondude

Yea I have the same problem. They have to have some major problems before I'm able to sacrifice. Even stuff that's not that valuable. Like I picked up this '85 ltd for the 302+aod but I drove it around for a bit and thought you know this is a nice car..

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

3. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

The scrap yard down the street from me once recieved a stripped down (about 1923 ?)Buick 4 door touring car once as scrap.
    They had the good judgment to put it aside and sold it as a good body starter.

4. BIG REDD

BIG REDD
    from upstate NY

I bought this 54 bel air for $500,It was rolled and had it had been in a barn since 1970, However the guy I bought it already yanked out the motor. The car had some rust and damage from being rolled but otherwise was very clean. I felt a little bad but I did use a good amount of the car to bring my 54 2 door back to life, so everything that was useable was used/sold so nothing "good" went to waste. So sometimes some cars have to die for others to live.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dillrod

Dillrod

I have a rusted to hell 50 ford 2 door sedan no floors and quarters full o holes but I can't let it go I even painted it with rustoleum to try to preserve it for when I get time to spend all my money on it