Register now to get rid of these ads!

When is it OK to be non-traditional?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jdubbya, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdubbya

jdubbya

Saturday I decided to make a change to my truck that tends to be frowned upon, but I chose to do so for safety reasons. The taillights on my truck were from a 48-54 chevrolet truck, and after trying to do about every trick in the book to brighten them up, I decided its time for a change. ( I changed bulbs to 2057, painted silver inside the housing, went to plastic lenses, etc.)
    I chose to go to an original styled taillight for 55-57 chevrolet trucks, but opted for the LED style. After wiring and installing them, it is a night and day difference, and should make things way safer for the drivers behind me.
    The old light were very visible at night, but daytime driving made them almost invisible. After alot of comments from fellow hot rodders, and alot of reports from other drivers that my lights were not working (although they were) I felt a change was necessary, even if it took from the traditional style.
    This is where my question comes in, I am not a hardcore traditionalist, and plan to keep the new lights no matter what is said... But, is this sort of change accepted since it is a safety concern, or do you keep the traditional looks at any cost?

Just curious, and looking to see what the concensus is. -Joe

Here are a couple pics, these are the lights that were on the truck, and what i changed to, sorry, no pics of them on my truck at this time.

Attached Files:

2. flynfrog

flynfrog

Its your car do what ever you want.

3. Dave1946

Dave1946

It's your truck, do whatever you want. I've spent a considerable amount of time following cars with nearly invisible tail lights it's a miracle we never had an accident. You did the right thing.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

But we don't cover those times on the hamb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.