Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36-taildragger.....Made in Sweden

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Kenneth31coupe, Mar 17, 2013.

1. EliteS&C

EliteS&C

Great work so far! I really like your ingenuity & design work on the mounts! much nicer than most I've seen! Subscribed!

2. Thanks.

Thanks.
    To bad the weather has been very nice here last few days so I have had to paint my house instead. Not much progress in the garage for now unless it will start raining.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. fleet-master

fleet-master

looking good Kenneth. Great job on your chassis so far! i like the LaSalle grille very much.

subscribed

4. toucan

toucan
    from sc

keep it up kenny, gonna be a sweet ride!

5. tbcworks.com

tbcworks.com
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice looking build underway.... can't wait to see it finished!

6. sololobo

sololobo

Outstanding fab work, this is going very nicely. Congrats on good taste on the project. ~sololobo~

7. rat nasty

rat nasty

suscribed! awesome work looks like your headed in the right direction!

8. lwrthnu07

lwrthnu07
    from Gurdon, AR

A lot of good work! Very nice build!

9. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

10. Thanks a lot guys.Really encouraging words.

11. One of my dream cars and you are really doing it some justice! Amazing fabrications skills sir;)

12. Thanks a lot Mitchell

Sneaked away from house painting this afternoon. Rain was in the air and that´s enough for me to go in the garage instead. Made some mountings for the front shocks. Finnished up the right side and now I just have to duplicate it mirror wise for the left side. Used the ends I cut off from the rear wishbones for the lower mount. I welded a sleeve on it for a sturdier application for the bolt and then welded it to the wishbone.Upper mount I made from 3/16" steel plate.

Attached Files:

13. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Very nice . Keep up the good work!:cool::D

14. Got some stuff made today. Finnished up front shock mounts and made two lowering mounts for the rear axel. Made them out off two pieces of 3/16" steel welded together in bottom and spliced as a fork in top where the axel attache.Raised the axel two inches but I believe another inch is necessary to bring the ass down where I want it.Think I´ll wait to do that untill everything is assambled and spring has set.Realized I have to eather c-notch the frame or make a higher kick-up for the rear axel.Think I´ll do a new kick-up, it´s a little more job but I get more space that way.

Attached Files:

15. 60'coupe

60'coupe

What a kick ass project ! Can't wait to see the body on the chassis.

16. Hey Kenneth

Lovin' your work so far!

Seems like we're both heading towards a similar goal, so it's cool to see the different approaches to some of the modifications along the way. Mine's got a slight 'hot rod' lean to it, whereas yours is pure custom. I love the way your fabricated brackets take on the look of early Ford stampings.

Please don't put a c-notch in there - a nice sweeping re-arched rail will look a whole lot more in keeping with the rest of the build. But then, I'm pretty sure you already knew that...;)

Bear:)

17. Thanks a lot Bear.

That´s why I like all the build threads here, to see how each and everyone tackle the work. I like what you are doing and your fabrikation skills are amazing, wish I had a shop like yours
    My goal is to make brackets and crossmembers to look like old stampings. Doesn´t means that I don´t like drilled and cnc machined parts but not on this build.Whant this one to look like it´s been made in early fifties. Have made up my plan for the rear. Gonna make a new sweeping rail and keeping the look of the stock boxing plates so only a trained eye can see what´s done.Brought home some 1/8" sheet metall from work today and gonna start on it this weekend.

18. Get started on the rear frame today.Rigged it up in the frame jigg again and start meassuring.Since I gonna cut the frame I decided to rise it enough so I can take away the risers between axel and wishbone.Lifted the back 4 inches meassured from the cross member.Cut some new kick-up pieces in the pullmax and welded on some flanges to make a u-shaped piece.Got the right side tucked up and it looks good enough for me.

Attached Files:

19. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

20. So here it is, the new kick-up.If the math is correct there will bee about 4 inches of clearance now.

Attached Files:

21. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Great work,man!

22. Thanks guys.

23. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Amazing craftsmanship! Love how your keeping everything looking original. Keep it up!

24. Thanks Trev and the best to you and your future bride.....Kenneth.

25. Got the chassi assambled today and rebuilt the rear crossmember again. Since I raised the rear frame the way I did the crossmember had to bee twisted some more for the spring to fit.Test fitted with running board and rear fender to see how it looks and now there´s about 1-1/2" from the outer edge of the rim up to the fenderskirt .When body and everything is assembled on the car there´s hopefully will bee about an 1/2" and still have about 4 Inches of travell between axel an frame.Also made some bungs for the shocks and tucked them up.Now it´s not very long untill its time to set it down on wheels and put the body on.Can hardly wait.:)

Attached Files:

26. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

I think Im repeating myself here but this is truly wonderful and high quality work :cool:

27. Flake32

Flake32

Ser riktigt bra ut, och jag ser fram emot att se den färdig

Bosse

28. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

What he said^^^^^^ Im sure!!!

Love it!!!

29. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)N0 doubt about it it's good stuff !:D

30. Excellent work, and nice to see you're not just buying parts from catalogues