Register now to get rid of these ads!

paint/bodywork question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Apr 9, 2013.

1. 54rat210

54rat210

Dick! :D

You can get a good paint job at Maaco but you will have to pay for it. You can get the Earl Shieb paint job for $99. Lol
    But seriously. I knew people that used Maaco with great results. The more you pay...the better the paint job with Maaco. I wouldn't settle less though. Your gonna regret it in the long run. If you need money you can always donate plasma. I donate once a week and I get 30 bucks each donation. I'm just letting it accrue until I have enough money for whatever you wanna use the money on.

2. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

You donate plasma once a week to build your hot rod? I take back cans and go to coinstar but damn dude your hardcore!!!!!

3. Dave L

Dave L
    from Idaho

4. 54rat210

54rat210

$30 bucks for an hour of my time. Or an hour of fiddling with my android. Like they say blood sweat and tears. Lol its free money IMO. :D:D

5. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

Problem solved.

Or you can horse trade on craigslist.

6. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)wow ,that's cool:cool::D

7. bluestang67

bluestang67

as mashed said above Dupli color primer high build . Better then losing every thing in the end and having to redo it . I use the self etching a lot and have always had success with the products .

8. indyjps

indyjps

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2338616. Here's the original rustoleum roller paint thread, I normally wouldn't suggest it but it will come out better than rattle can, hell, you can brush the car if the paint is thinned correctly and you learn how to "tip in" brush technique, I never learned it cause I spray things that should be brushed. Use rustoleum rusty metal primer, block it out, brush or roll rustoleum, you'll work harder than if you sprayed it but a driver quality paintjob is attainable

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looks like you have an offer that you can not reuse. just do your part, and learn all that you can. but, at some point you will still need to try on your own at home. some tool rental places rent small portable compressors. as said, HF guns cheap. talk to guys at local auto paint supply for info on what works best on the low budget end. if you do go to MAACO, which I have done, pay the extra required for them to do some minor prep and apply a sealer before actual single stage paint.

10. Diavolo

Diavolo

Don't listen to certain people saying to spend more. Google rustoleum paint roll on. If you have 0 money and lots of time, it works. Canned rustoleum will shine better than spray can and be cheaper. If you do get a hold of a compressor, just use rustoleum and follow the directions.

You get what you pay for but you get quite a lot for a gallon or so of rustoleum, use the can primer then the can paint.

It will look fine, considering what you are spending.