Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Banjo Rear Axle Identification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tractorguy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. tractorguy

tractorguy

I just picked up a Ford banjo style rear axle setup at an estate sale over the weekend. I am trying (without having pictures available) to identify what year/model it might be.
    To the best I can measure, it appears to be 57 1/2" to 57 3/4" wide measured from outside of brake drum (wheel mating surface) to outside of brake drum.
    It has hydraulic brakes and what look like adjusting nuts on the backing plate on each side.
    The unusual thing is that the rear spring is not straight across from one side of the axle to the other but is "curved".
    I apologize for the dumb questions as I am not a Ford guy but am trying to slowly acquire parts to build my 29 A roadster body on a 1932 frame.

Thanks

2. curved rear springs were used in `32-`34 fords , but that doesn't necessarily mean that is the year of your rear end. that width seams narrow. the hydraulic brakes could have been added

you better post a picture

3. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Here you go. Hope 117harv won't mind me reposting this...

<LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. HotRod-1

HotRod-1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Super Information. Thanks, HotRod-1